Site issues since Dawnguard

Dark0ne

When I try to download a its telling me that there are 0 users for all servers and when i download a file and try to open the folder it says that i cant open the archive. can anybody help me? im kinda new at this.

When the file is being prepared for download there is info on the proper software for unzipping archives. If you have winrar or 7zip installed and working I would test it on a mirror link for one of the mods you are trying to download. IF that works then it is a site issue and not on your end. If it doesn't work then you have a software issue and should get help in one of the support threads here at Nexus.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't pretty much download anything uploaded in last 24 hours getting the annoying misspelled message about propogating (sic) on mods far older than only 1 hour and to top off the middle finger this message symbolizes to me i can see the slowly growing numbers of downloads right next to the file name i can't download.

only venting, not complaining - i get stuff from here for free hence i understand i can't expect 100% service.

though update on the state of things wouldn't go amiss, i'm sure.

Edited by sdfgsdjfasdjk

I at least hope you got to enjoy your Vacation, Dark0ne. The DLC for PC took us by surprise, and I'll be honest, I haven't downloaded it yet.

I'll wait for a bit, after grabbing the HD Textures DLC right off and finding countless bugs, I don't want to go through that again.. (Thanks to Nexus and all the HD Texture Pack fixes ).

I really need to backup my downloaded mods and reinstall everything.

I don't know if anyone else is getting this but I'm getting severe issues when trying to navigate the NPC category. If I arrange the category by upload date, it only shows the first page (clicking on a mod or next page just refreshes the page). If I try to arrange the category by endorsements, only the first few pages have mods on them- all others show up as empty.

I just wanted to share my experience; I'm sure that it will be worked out in time. I'm sorry to hear about the affect that the Dawnguard release has had on the site and its servers, not to mention its finances.

Edited by miketheratguy

This site has been such a terrific utility for me--so much so that I am amazed that this is the only real problem I've seen from Nexus Skyrim since I started using it! With the traffic you guys have you are heartily commended for doing such a bang-up job. Thanks so much for helping to make Skyrim and several other of my games so much better! The service is invaluable.

@ Dark0ne, Wow Greece... * turns green with envy*

I'd be lying if I said I've never had issues of some kind or another here. Heck, I was banned for flaming right after joining, but given a 2nd chance :)

Having said that, I fully understand what's at play here when it comes to these occasional issues. Be it not being able to DL a mod sometimes cause of server glitches/traffic or not being able to get a certain mod I saw reviewed because of infringement or whatever reason imposed by nexus. I understand and respect those decisions. I also understand there is a trade off of sorts due to server space and bandwidth and keeping the site free for us to use. (KUDOS on the new record BTW) After all, I'm sure no one wants nexus to stop being free. I say buck up and deal with the occasional burp in the system, and be glad we have this free community, and all it offers. I think the staff here does a great job of keeping this service performing to the best of their ability given all the possible variables ta play. I mean it's not just skyrim mods here, or even just mods period. Nexus has a very active forum, and comments section for each mod, for all the games they support and even a chat room and private messaging for cryin out loud. Not to mention the mod search system, tracking and endorsing mods. I think it is as good as it can be given all these variables, and it's all here under one roof, and FREE. Sure, I get mods from other sources sometimes like many people here, but nexus is my home for mods. it's my first stop when looking for a specific type of mod, or just looking to see what's new. The only mod I've made so far is a nexus exclusive, and it will remain that way for me. Keep up the great work y'all :)

I reported this elsewhere, but a problem I'm having is that I can't endorse a file that strongly deserves it, because the system is not recording my download in my download history. I've downloaded the file three times now over the past few days, each time trying to endorse it the next day, only to be told that I haven't downloaded it. The file doesn't appear in my history.

No idea if this is related to the Dawnguard thing, but I wasn't having that trouble before.

Edited by Tchos