What am I doing wrong?

Frgo10

So what I wanna do is remove a part of a mesh as easy as possible

I found an armor on the nexus but I found it to be "to much" but otherwise perfect, so what i wanna do is remove the parts I find excessive.

So I open the nif in nifskope, find the branch I want to edit, hit export and open it in blender.

In blender I select the polygons I want removed and hit delete vertices, and export it as a obj and with normals included.

Heres where the problems start to show up, when I import it back into nifskope i get some errors, and if I choose to ignore it I end up with a giant exclamation mark ingame.

What am I doing wrong?

several things are going to now be broken. The most glaring issue here is that exporting a skinned mesh to obj from nifskope, then editing, then exporting to obj to import back into a nif has lost it's skin, and invalidated any skinning that it had prior to you editing the mesh. Also I think obj export from nifskope is currently bugged so it wiped the UV channel out. In any case you need to be importing and exporting as a nif to keep your mesh skinned and so that any geometry changes you make are also updated in it's skin.

• 2 weeks later...