Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

for a mod i am creating, there is a tower i really want to use for the interior layout. the problem is, the door is only supposed to lead to a load door - one that goes "outside." i was thinking i could use something called nifskope to delete the spot on the tower that ends in a load door, so it can seamlessly go from tower to another "room" of the tower or whatever. however, i don't know how to use nifskope. the object i want to use is "DweCustomTowerInt01" and i want to be able to delete the little wall thing behind the door. i mainly am having a problem loading vanilla game files. i can load files from other mods into the nifskope, but i can't figure out how to get items from the vanilla game, such as this dwemer tower or a sword from the game. any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated

ok i downloaded the BSA thing from nexus. but i'm not sure what to do next...

i apologize if this is frustrating, i'm just new to a lot this. i haven't been modding for very long, and when i do i usually try to figure it out on my own. when i hit a wall, i usually just give up, so i am very grateful to all of the people who have helped me out with all of my questions, even the ones that are probably super easy to answer.

You should have in your Data folder a Skyrim - Meshes.bsa most of the game's meshes are packed inside of it. What you are looking for probably is inside of it. Once you set up BSAopt you should be able to double click on the BSA file in your data folder and it bring up the BSAopt program. From there you follow the instructions on how to use BSAopt and extract the BSA to a folder of your choice (preferably a clean folder outside of the game directory).

i had to download the BSAopt from nexus manually. for some reason my NMM doesn't want to download things automatically. but when i go to click on the BSAopt folder, the only it does is take me further into the folder, revealing a file named "cacheInfo", and another folder "fomod" with a file called "info." i don't see an actual program, and nothing opens up a program when i click on it. am i missing something?

You must be doing something wrong. Download the file manually. You should get a 7z file, specifically BSAopt-247-1-6-3.7z. Extract it to a clean directory somewhere. Depending upon your system run either BSAopt x32.exe or the BSAopt x64.exe Program launches directly from that without installation. Puts nothing in your registry.

that must be the problem. i've never extracted a zip file before so i'll probably need to download something for that. when you say to a new directory, that just means a new folder right? (sorry i'm not very computer literate, i know how to do things but not necessarily what it's called)