Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

Copy/Paste doesn't explain the "how and why". As well, if you're using a "warehouse" mod, your mod becomes dependent on that mod, which decreases the number of available mods (for those who like to push the limit). It also adds one more to the list of possible problems when troubleshooting.

Game-World plaques can only be taken from, not added to. There are 2 separate forms, which was not explained in the Lokir's Tomb tutorial. I had searched for "make a weapon plaque" and did not find what I was looking for. It was only by accident that I stumbled across a link of how to "make a weapon mount".

One doesn't have to reinvent the wheel every time, but the knowledge of how to build your own is far better than having one handed to you.

You can use a "warehouse" mod without it making your mod dependent upon it. The trick is to duplicate the necessary forms from the warehouse mod so that they will be new forms within your plugin. This can be done without esmifying the "warehouse" mod and so the plugin is not dependent upon it.

• 1 month later...

Just a passing comment, from a hearing-impaired low-bandwidth user - BRAVO! Great list of very helpful tutorials!

so i'm coming here because i can't think of anything else that might work. I'm having a major problem with the creation kit. the program has four windows: the render window, the object window, the cell view window, and the main window that lets you save, open files, etc. my problem is that the main window seems to have disappeared. I cannot find it anywhere, so i can no longer edit my mods, make new ones, etc.

My laptop isn't the best to use the creation kit on. Every time i close it, the program crashes, and i have to keep the laptop plugged in in order for the program to run smoothly, but besides that it works fine. right now i've been using two monitors, but that seemed to be just fine as well. and the program was running normally just this morning. but now all of a sudden the main window disappears.

i've already tried restarting the computer, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the creation kit itself. i'd really appreciate any help, as i am out of ideas on how to fix this.

Some things I have learned about CK's main window

1. When using multiple monitors it stays where you last put it. If you extended desktop to right and used it on the right then extended desktop to the left, it will be "lost" to the right. Extend your desktop in every direction, perhaps you "left it" somewhere unintentionally.

2. When opening other programs while the CK loads, the main window will not load at full screen size. Instead it will be at the original default size and load behind other open windows. Minimize & resize everything else, it could be behind something.

Failing that, delete both editor INI files (SkyrimEditor.ini & SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini) and verify with Steam. That should correct it. Although the uninstall & reinstall should have corrected it.

I didn't know I could do that before you mentioned it. the changing orientation of the screen. i just did so, and moving left right up or down did not work. i still can't find the main window anywhere. i've already minimized all other windows to clear the desktop of both screens, as well as minimized and maximized the creation kit as well as i could without the window to do that, and that didn't work either. what will happen if i delete those two files? i've never verified with steam and i'm nervous to delete anything that came with it in the event that doing so will "break it."

i also tried disconnecting from the secondary monitor, which should have moved everything back to the desktop but that didn't seem to work either. as well as connecting to a larger secondary screen (my tv), that didn't work either.

i want to make sure i correctly uninstalled the kit. in order to do so, all i had to do was go into steam, right click on the creation kit and select "delete local content" correct? i did that and it said "uninstalling" and when it was done gave me the option to install.

i just tried moving the program using the "mini window" that pops up if you hover over the program in the task bar. it appears that the program is so far off to the right, that it's not included in the space i can access with the secondary screen, if that makes sense

Learned something new too, I didn't know that that was possible. :P

Does this mean that you've located the program and everything is fine now?

Ok, I just tried this. Moved a window off as far as I could. It barely had any part on the desktop. I hovered the icon on the task bar and right clicked. Selected move. Left clicked and held and moved it back to the middle of the desktop.

When you opt to move a window in this manner the cursor is automatically placed at the middle of the title bar, so without moving the cursor you can click and drag it back to where it needs to be.

At least it is worth trying.