Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

Scriptname ElevateRefs extends ObjectReference

ObjectReference Property RisingRefs[] Auto
Float Property Elevation = 500.0 auto
Float Property Speed = 300.0 auto

Event OnActivate(objectReference akActivator)
    int i = 0
    while(i<RisingRefs.length)
        RisingRefs[i].TranslateTo(RisingRefs[i].getpositionX(), RisingRefs[i].getPositionY(), RisingRefs[i].getPositionZ() + Elevation, RisingRefs[i].getAngleX(), RisingRefs[i].getAngleY(), RisingRefs[i].getAngleZ(), Speed, 0.0)
        i+=1
    endWhile

endEvent

Attach to a button, or something that can be activated. Fill in the properties to suit your needs.

I have done all that. It is mentioned in the tutorial. I too found out that the large priest bust activator is linked to the Sanctuary cell.

What I cannot figure out is the following: I made an exact copy of the entire setup (9 busts + large activator) using Control-C and placed it using control-V in the Sanctuary as well. I did not alter any settings to the scripts and the removal of a mask does not add it to my inventory, while the original Dragonbust holder works fine.

I also used a copy made with Control-D but with the same results.

So I figured it might have sometthing to do with the copying process. So I placed a bust, made a trigger, linkreffed the trigger to the bust and added the "dunLabyrinthianMaskBustSCRIPT" to the trigger. And once again the adding of a mask works, the removal of a mask shows it on the bust but nothing is added to my inventory.

I have done all that. It is mentioned in the tutorial. I too found out that the large priest bust activator is linked to the Sanctuary cell.

What I cannot figure out is the following: I made an exact copy of the entire setup (9 busts + large activator) using Control-C and placed it using control-V in the Sanctuary as well. I did not alter any settings to the scripts and the removal of a mask does not add it to my inventory, while the original Dragonbust holder works fine.

So I figured it might have sometthing to do with the copying process. So I placed a bust, made a trigger, linkreffed the trigger to the bust and added the "dunLabyrinthianMaskBustSCRIPT" to the trigger. And once again the adding of a mask works, the removal of a mask shows it on the bust but nothing is added to my inventory.

I'm sorry. I can't think of anything else that would be causing this problem. really i have no idea why it's not working for you. it seems like there's nothing to suggest it not working correctly. if the original works with no problem, then the exact copy should as well. The only thing i would suggest is verifying the integrity of the creation kit. if that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

when i tried to use the script

Scriptname ElevateRefs extends ObjectReference

ObjectReference Property RisingRefs[] Auto
Float Property Elevation = 500.0 auto
Float Property Speed = 300.0 auto

Event OnActivate(objectReference akActivator)
    int i = 0
    while(i<RisingRefs.length)
        RisingRefs[i].TranslateTo(RisingRefs[i].getpositionX(), RisingRefs[i].getPositionY(), RisingRefs[i].getPositionZ() + Elevation, RisingRefs[i].getAngleX(), RisingRefs[i].getAngleY(), RisingRefs[i].getAngleZ(), Speed, 0.0)
        i+=1
    endWhile

endEvent

Attach to a button, or something that can be activated. Fill in the properties to suit your needs.

when i tried to use this script, after clicking save, it failed to compile. saying "failed on ElevatRefs"

Enable papyrus debug logging (google it). Post the result here, within spoiler tags.

I am a noob when it comes to computers and this whole episode is starting to get above my head. I really appreciate all the help everybody has given me the last few days, so please just bear with me a little while longer.

Edited by Grathagis