Vampire Lord Different Looks

kurniallah2412

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be true, since I don't know much about modeling :P I just hate it when people think modders work for free and can drop everything to do requests for them.

I agree and slightly disagree. Their should be some resemblance just because its your inner demon. Also in the Dawnguard DLC did anyone see Argonian or Khajiit vampires? I didn't. So again maybe different races have a different change.

So maybe Khajiit's have a slight lining of fur and have bigger leatherier wings while argonian's have smaller wings and a tail with also slight scales.

Its not "your" Inner Demon it is as Harkon Says "The Form of the Vampire Lord" so it does have a set form as it is its own species, do you want bats and the mist you can turn into to look like Khajiit and Argonian as well? also does the person who wants to make this mod know that he will have to create several new vampire lord races and then play around with the dawnguard questlines scripts so it will change you into this "Vampire Lord type" if you are this race and that is not to mention each race would have to be compatible with vampirism which may prove difficult, otherwise Lord Harkon will turn into a VL which looks like a Khajiit and you don't want that. That is a reason nobody has tried to do it.

Edited by tx12001

I agree and slightly disagree. Their should be some resemblance just because its your inner demon. Also in the Dawnguard DLC did anyone see Argonian or Khajiit vampires? I didn't. So again maybe different races have a different change.

So maybe Khajiit's have a slight lining of fur and have bigger leatherier wings while argonian's have smaller wings and a tail with also slight scales.

Its not "your" Inner Demon it is as Harkon Says "The Form of the Vampire Lord" so it does have a set form as it is its own species, do you want bats and the mist you can turn into to look like Khajiit and Argonian as well? also does the person who wants to make this mod know that he will have to create several new vampire lord races and then play around with the dawnguard questlines scripts so it will change you into this "Vampire Lord type" if you are this race and that is not to mention each race would have to be compatible with vampirism which may prove difficult, otherwise Lord Harkon will turn into a VL which looks like a Khajiit and you don't want that. That is a reason nobody has tried to do it.

That, OR there could be some sort of "Detector" that gives you the corresponding "Skin", like the perk in that one vampire lord overhaul which gives you the Harkon's vampire lord look.

Actually, it could be probably done via hidden perk.

That could work however the mod that makes the character look like Harkon "they are equipping VampireKingArmorType Armor" as for this detector I have never heard of any mod that will select your appearance depending on race. at best the unique appearances would just be equippable skins like you can equip the armor

Edited by tx12001

I looked into changing the Vampire Lord so that it would reflect the race of the player, but it was beyond my skill as a modder.

The Vampire Lord ability outright requires that you change into the Vampire Lord race. Creating new Vampire Lord races is out of the question, at least as far as I could tell, because the perk tree only opens for that one race. I think it may be possible for somebody more skilled than I to create several outfits that could be equipped to the Vampire Lord form that would change its appearance by replacing the body parts they are equipped to. But the basic form must be consistent across all races.

It shouldn't be as hard as some are making it out to be not to say its not still a complex thing. Since you are not altering the vampire lord race stats, perks, skills, etc, only doing a model swap. Which can be preformed on the first transformation likely through a one time use consumable added after the bite scene that runs a script to GetRace or GetIsRace w/e the call function is in CK which would swap out the vampire lord spell with the new one. Most likely the model would still have to be named the same so utilizing a sub folder for khajit VL and a subfolder for argonian VL (IMO not much feature difference for elves to bother). I mean look at Moonlight Tales you can change the werewolf model 3 ways and textures genius feature..

The model that the vampire lord uses is determined by its race, not by the spell. The spell changes your race to the Vampire Lord race.

The appearance of the werewolf is determined in a completely different way. The werewolf is a set of armor that the character equips automatically when transforming. Change the armor and you change the appearance.