level 60+ ?

RagnarTheRedd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to level skills you don't use otherwise to get higher, once your Primaries reach 100. For instance, if you're a 1H, you need to level 2H to open up more stat, and perk points. I use the Ebony Blade, which gets most of it's damage increases from 1H, but adds 2H XP. Pretty good trainer. Likewize, switch Armor Type, and tank a bit to gain levels in that, grind up unused Magical skills, Pickpocket is the tricky wicket. If you don't have any skill in it to begin with (starting at skill level 15) you can get any successes for XP, so it just never levels, and you end up paying off just a lot of bounties. Also, past level 50, XP is earned at half rate, so if you want to train everything to 100, start with the slow levelers, and save the rapid ones for later. This is just if you want 80 perk/stat points, don't feel obligated. Edited by Psiberzerker

Pickpocketing is one of the easiest to level, you just need to save and reload. I went to the thieves guild to train pickpocketing with my first character. I blew a lot of money for nothing since chances barely increase. A skill level of 15 isn't that horrible to start with. The higher the value of the stolen item, the more XP you get.

Pickpocketing is one of the easiest to level, you just need to save and reload. I went to the thieves guild to train pickpocketing with my first character. I blew a lot of money for nothing since chances barely increase. A skill level of 15 isn't that horrible to start with. The higher the value of the stolen item, the more XP you get.
Well, yeah, but he was talking about doing it without Cheats, which would include Save Scumming. I'm just saying, if you want to get to 81, naturally, start with a bonus in PP, it will go a lot easier.

Well, yeah, but he was talking about doing it without Cheats, which would include Save Scumming. I'm just saying, if you want to get to 81, naturally, start with a bonus in PP, it will go a lot easier.

I don't consider save scumming to be cheating, personally. Especially not considering that the game, you know, automatically reloads if my character gets killed? If I get multiple chances fighting a tough enemy, I don't see why I shouldn't get multiple chances picking a tough pocket, is what I'm basically saying.

Thanks guys but i still dont know how to force the leveling on vanila skyrim above 60 right now im 54 lvl im working my a** off to get alchemy to 100 i have 97 right now, those giant are so rare to find so i buy all the ingr from shops cause i got a lot of gold like 60k from quests+speech(investor and i sell my potions to riverwood trader) but idk what skill to level up next my build

alredy has Heavy armor 100, One Handed 100, Alteration 100, Restoration 100, Smithing 100 and now alchemy to become 100.. what skill should i force next ?

This is my build btw

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-manticore

Really you just need to level anything that isn't at 100. Level one handed, archery, sneak, pickpocket, or whatever you want. Alchemy should be easy enough to get up to 100. I like to just grab every ingredient I can while exploring and throw them in a barrel in my house then every once and a while go and make a couple hundred potions.

To comment on the pickpocket thing, the 90% cap really frustrates me. 90% my @#% I still fail almost every time, someone needs to teach the devs how percentages work.

edit: spelling fix

Edited by thompsonar

So if I understand the OP, their point is anyone over 60 is using cheats? Why? That seems like a gross and inflammatory statement.

My last character I took to level 67 before deciding to start again. The last 7 levels were very slow, but I really wasn't focusing on levels, I just liked my character and wanted to keep playing. My goal that play-through was attempting to really take my time and enjoy stuff...chop wood, mine, avoid fast travel when possible, etc, and not focus on rushing around to finish quests. I also installed mods that added higher level creatures/human foes and downgraded my own weapons and armor to make it interesting.

The first time I played I was still in fps mode and rand through trying to finish everything asap. I got pretty much everything done, no mods, by level 37, but I didn't like it as much.

The level one reaches is pretty irrelevant....you don't get a prize for reaching a level, or alternately, by finishing as quickly as possible. The nice thing about single-player is you can find the style that suits you, and the reward is your own enjoyment.

Still, blanketly calling people cheaters based on, well, nothing, really....I find that offensive.

Of course not, but having an absurdly high level character gives us a sense of accomplishment. Plus, roleplaying. My character seriously would not accept stagnation as long as she thinks there are higher peaks to climb.

Er, being a JOAT, or a MOAT and trying to get the highest level is pretty much the exact opposite of role playing.