Soul Cairn floaty crystals - need a hand please!

LeanWolf

Unfortunately we have no idea why it's doing this either so don't expect a speedy fix.

Okay, it's a layered mesh with effect layers on top of it (not counting the billboard glowey thing) and somehow the innermost layer that's the crystal surface is not rendering.

It's using a BSEffectShaderProperty for whatever weird reason (that's used on all the other parts that are visual effects, not mesh surfaces, go fig). I spliced one from an unreleased Multilayer Parallax mod to it that I had laying around forgotten since Oldrim that had a proper BSLightingShaderProperty meant for surfaces, stripped out the MLP effect (not dev intent! Keep with the mission!), enabled other shader flags, matched settings, re-integrated the emissive multiple animation controller, and tested it in the CK. It's working again.

Curiously, there is a full diffuse/normal/glow texture set for it, despite the fact that, as-configured, the BSEffectShaderProperty wouldn't use them.

I need someone to test it out in-game, because I am not too far into my first SSE playthru and only just now got the Dawnguard recruitment call.

Here's the nif. Put it into meshes/DLC01/Clutter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8vpue62q378s9c/dlc01idealmastercrystal.nif?dl=0

After a mishap with that mesh, private USSEP testing reveals that a further fixed mesh is fully functional. 2.0.8 is sooner than you think, so it'll be out officially then. In the mean time, re-download that dropbox DL for a temp fix.