How do I fix wrist seams?

ModdersResources

It seems that every time I equip a clothing item, accessory, or armor, it creates a wrist seam on my CBBE body.

Some items make the seams wider, and some make the seams almost invisible.

When I equip this watch, it makes the wrist seams open up like nothing else.

1.jpg

Edited by BBTBBN

That looks like a wrist gap and not a seam. This happens when the hand/gauntlet mesh and body/armor mesh don't match. A seam would be when your textures are for the right body but don't blend with each other and the difference in color means you can see where the transition is. Generally how armors work is they have exposed skin included in their mesh and the whole thing gets swapped when you change armor. So if you have CBBE but are wearing armor made for the vanilla body you will have a vanilla body as long as you wear that armor. But the location of the split between the hand mesh and the torso/limbs mesh can be different between mods and vanilla. So if you have a different hand mesh than body mesh you will either get wrist clipping or wrist gap. This happens with ankles too but those often get hidden by boots

You can fix this for yourself using Nifskope but either your body or hand will change from your ss

• 3 months later...
Ok, so I have this happen when wearing oldrim armor that has been converted in outfit studio. The arms cut off about 3 in above the wrist, and the legs cut off just below the knees. It's only some armors that do this, and I use the same conversion routine. Open to ideas.

Body slot assignments is the most likely culprit. Each piece of gear covers one common slot on the NIF file, the Armor Addon record and the Armor record. However, additional slots can be used on the Armor Addon and Armor records.

This sort of situation can even appear among the various stock armors without any modifications at all. A particular set of gear is designed to work together to cover each body slot as necessary and have fairly smooth transitions. But mixing and matching from different sets can reveal gaps or overlaps as those items were not necessarily designed to work together appearance wise.

You should be able to examine all three locations of body slot assignments and tweak them as necessary to get a good fit. It may require examining each piece of gear you wish to wear and making adjustments as needed so that they all fit well together.

• 4 years later...

I'm having this very issue with twilight crimson armor. The thing is it never used to happen when I picked a body shape (cbbe, unp, etc.) and then just crafted them at the forge as I always had. It started happening when I started to use body slide to make the armor for my custom preset. I even made sure to craft the cbbe hands and feet, but still the issue persists. I love this armor so I would very much like to know if anyone finds a fix, thanks.