Beth Blog - New DLC

daventry

I don't really understand what your getting at. Just because Bethesda is putting out a dlc designed for console gamers who can't download a house mod. A PC user can easily just download a free mod that does something similar to the DLC, its not like your getting deprived of something.

No one said "deprived"... the word I used was "neglected". This is a DLC that was clearly designed with console gamers in mind, since it fills a void that no longer exists for PC players. So, instead of working on designing new quests, expanding upon stories already introduced, and building new worldzones, someone at Bethesda has decided to spend the company's time and profits re-inventing the wheel.

Also, the DLC makes several major, popular mods redundant. Kind of a slap in the face to the modding community.

I wouldn't call it a slap in the face, I'm almost positive that the dlc has been in development from week one. Check at 1:46

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More power to 'em. I don't see how PC users have been in any way neglected (the abominable vanilla UI aside) over console gamers. So we had to wait a little over a month for crossbows...whoopdeedoo. There are mods for free that do everything Hearthfire does and more...not to mention the fact the we can get bugs fixed that console gamers just have to live with. My sister, for example, plays on the XBox. She's not very happy that she has to go through a whole rigmarole of uninstalling and reinstalling Dawnguard if she wants to buy an alchemy table for Breezehome with a new character. She works around it by using the table in Arcadia's.

Seems to me more like Bethesda goes out of their way to make sure PC users are taken care of, especially given that PC players are a small minority of total sales.

tl;dr - quitcherwhinin' and play

I don't see how PC users have been in any way neglected (the abominable vanilla UI aside) over console gamers ...There are mods for free that do everything Hearthfire does

You answered your own question.

Anyways, I'm done with this topic. Ultimately, it's going to be a matter of opinion, and I've voiced mine.

The only way I'll buy this dlc and that's if the PC get's it, is if it allows more armor and weapons to be upgraded to legendary, I already use Lost Art of the Blacksmith to upgrade weapons that the vanilla blacksmith forgot to include like Wuuthrad which that mod upgrades Edited by sinnerman69

If I was still playing Skyrim on XBox and hadn't converted to PC I still would not have bought the 'Hearthfire' DLC....I want to play Skyrim not Sims....very much is not my interest, but I guess there are many who would want it.....Maybe that's the thing, the Sims is a very popular game, Bethesda is chasing the Sims crowd.

Myself, I would preferred Bethesda concentrate on cleaning up all their bugs and glitches first before ANY DLC's were introduced...I love the Crossbows for Dawnguard but a truly stable game would have been my priority preference.

I like baking bread as much as the next guy, but why on earth would I want to adopt scary clone children when I can't even murder them if they step out of line? :whistling:

Kidding aside, it looks...nice but very pointless for PC users. I don't begrudge the consolers this (or anyone else, for that matter), I just think it mostly looks like a waste of Beth's time and resources. They can do much better. Also, Toddy said that for Skyrim they would focus on the big DLC stuff, which this isn't.

So Well know by October 4th if the PC get's a taste of it, hopefully free for all this Xbox exclusive and a buggy dawnguard DLC that's yet to get a official Bethesda patch fix, patch 1.7 don't count, that was out before the dawnguard DLC Edited by sinnerman69

This dlc is probably as way to compensate for the console players not being able to have their own mods

But that's exactly my problem with it. It's more evidence that the top brass at Bethesda are moving the company away from its traditional, mature, PC-using, game-modding audience and are emphasizing the younger, broader demographic of teens with X-Boxes and disposable income. From a purely financial perspective, sure, it makes sense to appeal to a wider market. However, Bethesda is trying to broaden its appeal so much, and so quickly, that many of the gamers who have supported the company for over a decade feel brushed aside and neglected.

People have been accusing Beth of who-- err, pandering the Elder scrolls to the console market since Morrowind. I think it's only just not being accepted as true instead of blown off as hysteria.