Next best thing for the US (and perhaps the world)

mizdarby

Straw Poll of voting intentions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in 2012 US Elections

• Barack Obama/Democrats
    • Mitt Romney/Republicans
    • Any Other/Third Party such as Libertarian/Green etc
    • All political parties are a waste of my vote

Something Syco said that made me think of this and then go find it. I apologize for editing the profanity, but it was George Carlin, a masterful political commentator.

The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice... you don’t.

You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear.

They got you by the b***s.

They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying … lobbying, to get what they want … Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I’ll tell you what they don’t want... they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking.

They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that... that doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. That’s right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting f****d by a system that threw them overboard 30 f*****g years ago. They don’t want that.

You know what they want? They want obedient workers... Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly s*****y jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your f*****g retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it... they’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this f*****g place. It’s a big club and you ain’t in it. You and I are not in The big club.

By the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care.

Good honest hard-working people... white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means... continue to elect these rich c*********s who don’t give a f**k about you. They don’t care about you at all; at all; at all, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain wilfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue d**k that’s being jammed up their a******s everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream cause you have to be asleep to believe it...

And really, I don't think this is an American exclusive...

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They'll get it... they'll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this f*****g place. It's a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in The big club.

Interestingly, Carlin made this statement about three years before the Wall Street bailouts. Wonder if he was being figurative or literal.

I agree with him for the most part. As long as people keep voting in the same parties, nothing will change. Which is basically what he's saying, if in a more nihilistic manner.

Edited by Syco21

It's kind of a sad reflection on society, that the things that George Carlin wrote (@Tidus44 post) are largely, an accurate reflection of how things really are when it comes to Governments. It's possibly sadder still, that most ordinary people would recognise it as the truth, and yet will still vote Democrat or Republican on the day. Ordinary people know they are being kicked in the teeth, and yet will continue to allow their Government to keep them down, because ordinary people won't vote differently and do something about it. Thats why I advocate a vote for the Libertarians, not because the Libertarians have the best answers (which I think they do) but because they are a change.

George was spot-on on a variety of topics. Politics and politicing being right there at the top of the list. I am truly surprised that some conspiracy theorist hasn't come out about the "plot to kill Carlin...."

Nope. Nothing is going to change. The dems, and the repubbies are too entrenched in their 'my party, right or wrong, but MY party" mindset. The majority of americans are divided right down party lines, with each side accusing the other of being know-nothing idiots, that haven't the faintest idea how to solve the nations problems.

I contend that NEITHER side has any INTEREST in solving the problems. They love to poke at the symptoms, (obamacare...) but outright refuse to recognize (publicly) and treat the underlying disease.

Considering the above statement, leads me to the conclusion that your vote doesn't matter if you vote for either of the two major parties. You are just exchanging one set of problems for another. (with some overlap...) Unless/Until the american people do something different (voting libertarian would qualify), nothing is going to change, the situation is only going to deteriorate further, until we get to the tipping point, and THEN we will see some change. Unfortunately, it will start with a major economic collapse.....

One of the saddest things I find about George Carlin is that the vast majority of people saw him only as a stand-up comedian and whatever he said was intended to be funny and thus was over blown or twisted to suit the goal of making people laugh.

While he was a comedian, he had a keen insight to things and I think he told the truth, at least as much as he saw it.

I truly believe he was being literal and tried very hard to get people to realize exactly how stupid we all are and that we all need to think and change because we are all riding a hand basket to hell and taking the planet with us by continuing on the current paths we follow.

Something I think he was also resigned to is something called the "catastrophic theory of reform". The only way things will change is through a disaster or some catastrophe that will force a change to be made because there will be no other choice - and as HeyYou suggests, there is a tipping point and I think the next election will be instrumental in moving the economy in relation to that tipping point and if whomever is elected does not do the right things the catastrophe that will instigate change will be an economic one that will make the current recession and the 1930's depression look like a day in the park. Consider that the only thing that "fixed" the 1930's depression was a world war - I really hope there is another option to address the current economic situation.

The fix is actually quite simple, but it isn't easy and it will not be politically popular. The question is, will whoever gets elected do the right things to fix the economy? Only time will tell, but I'm not going to sit idly by and rely on hope that it all turns out OK.

I'm not a fearmonger, a doomsayer, a survivalist or some nutbar with a "World will end on..." sign, but since this spring particularly I have been doing some preparation in case any of the economic predictions for 2013 and beyond come true, because the ones I have read have been very accurate for 2012.

A WW wouldn't fix the economy, it would obliterate it.

I don't disagree, but try telling that to a politician - like Romney who thinks Obama has been too soft on the middle east and has abandoned Israel (The USA's most valuable ally according to Mitt - which I am sure all the other countries who supported the US are very grateful to hear) - because the Democrats have not specifically recognized Jerusalem as the capital (which most countries do not either - its Tel Aviv) and who thinks the US abandoned the middle east too early and too quickly.

Just what is needed - another 10 years in the middle east fighting an unwinnable war that achieves nothing and costs trillions of dollars that go directly into the pockets of the weapons and coffin manufacturers who are apparently so poor right now they really need the business.

And who is going to pay for all this? Romney and his billionaire supporters or the 47% of US citizens that Romney says think they are victims and who believe they deserve, nay have the right to, food, health care and to have a government that cares for and about them but who Mitt says should really just suck it up and look after them self? Like Romney says, he didn't get where he is by inheriting anything, he worked for everything he has and so should the rest of America without expecting or getting a handout - well nobody except his friends and supporters and Republicans who are in office anyway.

And don't even get me started on Obama, cause he hasn't exactly been a shining example of great leadership either, but at least he seems to be trying.

And here I thought I had some uncomfortable thoughts when it looked like Newt might be the republican leader early in the race, now I have full blown nightmares - and that's when I'm awake.

I think its been said before and by others, but if the right person does not get elected and if they do not do the right things to fix the economy - and do it quickly, better buckle up cause she's gonna be a rough ride.

Romney doesn't care about the economy, neither does Obama. All either of them care about is whatever they're being bribed to care about.

Don't worry about Romney taking the White House, he wont. Worry about what Obama is going to do when he takes the White House again. I can tell you now, it'll be damned similar to whatever Romney would have done.

We have an equal chance of war no matter who is in office. Romney's middle east rhetoric is just Romney saying whatever the Christian and xenophobic Americans wanna here.

Romney doesn't care about the economy, neither does Obama. All either of them care about is whatever they're being bribed to care about.

Don't worry about Romney taking the White House, he wont. Worry about what Obama is going to do when he takes the White House again. I can tell you now, it'll be damned similar to whatever Romney would have done.

We have an equal chance of war no matter who is in office. Romney's middle east rhetoric is just Romney saying whatever the Christian and xenophobic Americans wanna here.

I am under the impression that war is inevitable..... Doesn't matter who wins, within a year, two at most, we will be in another war in the middle east, either of our own doing, or, because Israel attacked, and we get dragged in to it. End result will be the same. The muslim world will have even more reason to hate america, the price of gas will skyrocket, the economy will tank, and we will descend into full-blown depression.

Yep, I like run-on sentences. :D