ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Agility Skill Tree

jeonitsoc

here's my proposition, let me know your opinion about it

AGILITY

how to gain agility points:

• jumping from high places (long time between jump/land) resulting with no damage
  • diving into water from a very high distance
  • avoiding hits in melee fights
  • avoiding missile attacks

perks example:

• DODGE - sprint+direction - "when close to an enemy, quickly change position to avoid attacks" -
  • JUMP ATTACK - jump+attack - "the ability to be dangerous while jumping"
  • CLIMB - crouch/jump+direction+(alternate right/left hand to climb) - "the ability to climb on top of any obstacle, and safetly get down"
  • BOUNCY - jump+jump - "the fine ability to perform acrobatic jumps/dives"

base agility skill bonuses:

• 25 - longer jumps
  • 50 - even longer jumps, higher jumps, little less falling damage with moderate loss of stamina at impact
  • 75 - perform special abilities more quickly, even less falling damage with low loss of stamina at impact - all special abilities consume less stamina
  • 100 - non lethal long falls end with somersault and no falling damage and loss of stamina at impact - all special abilities consume less stamina

this mod would need a lot of work to be made, so i understand that it wouldn't be a succesful request, but i had to ask for this, is what many players need.

also look at this request: Climb Mod

Edited by jeonitsoc

I think the feature would be more helpful if this additional tree came with a complementary lock on system. And all the other trees where changed to reflect it. For example investing in this tree and archery would extend the lock on reach and allow for faster reload times.

And improve power attack speeds, and allows for other skills like dodging out of power attack animations. I don't know just something to make the agility tree work the other trees or something.

Also is there a limit to how much this boosts your movement ability. Will it also lower consumption of stamina overall (Sprinting, power attaching, direct stamina damage)?

Would be cool if this mitigates magic consumption by siphoning the drainage to stamina as well cutting overall usage.Or something.

Will it include counter attacks from timed blocks? Or from dodging?

How well will this play with the other skill trees? The above were only suggestions, but could you go into more detail in how this might work?

I think the feature would be more helpful if this additional tree came with a complementary lock on system. And all the other trees where changed to reflect it. For example investing in this tree and archery would extend the lock on reach and allow for faster reload times.

this sounds more like a total gameplay change, so i don't agree; with this request id like to see an addition to the game, not a modification to the others skill trees.

Also is there a limit to how much this boosts your movement ability. Will it also lower consumption of stamina overall (Sprinting, power attaching, direct stamina damage)?

i don't think this would fit the idea of Agility; like in morrowind this stuff could be under Athletic

Would be cool if this mitigates magic consumption by siphoning the drainage to stamina as well cutting overall usage.Or something.

i don't agree, agility should have nothing to do with magic, unless it has been magically enhanced

Will it include counter attacks from timed blocks? Or from dodging?

this is interesting, at a very high level of agility

How well will this play with the other skill trees? The above were only suggestions, but could you go into more detail in how this might work?

the relation with other skill is important indeed, for example, if you are wearing armor pieces, you should have malus on agility, unless you unlock perks for that kind of armor that let you be more agile

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think you should consider using attributes rather than skills. It is actually impossible to add new skill trees to the game, and agility and speed are actually in previous as attributes. There's a mod that adds attributes to the game here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13968/?

I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for, but your request would require a lot of new animations and changes to gameplay that would be incredibly hard to implement. There is a mod on the Bethsoft forums that plans to do a lot of the things you requested, but I don't know what it's called or how it is progressing.