Dawn of a new age

Brutii

That last blow by the nords shield had done the trick. Rend could feel his mind start slipping away -he had taken too much damage to keep this up anymore. The lich was readying some sort of spell, and the nord prepared to strike with the mace he threw at the lich. He knew that he couldn't fight them anymore, so he was forced to pull back.

He turned and ran deep into the woods, moving much slower than usual, but still faster than any man or mer.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neh'Taniel dragged himself back to his ruin, slowly, painfully. He practically collapsed down the stairs, and was caught by two skeletons that had escaped being destroyed by the Nord and his men. They were still under his control, even in this weak state, and assisted the Lich in returning to his throne, where he would rest until such time as he was called upon, or recharged. Being so close to the Phylactory with his Soul in it was assisting greatly, he could already feel some of his strength returning. He would likely be back to a comfortable level of power within a few hours.

Synnove made a sound that resembled a 'Heh', and turned on her heel, proceeding inside the castle, she informed the Lady, and her children that Lord Rilgomm was fine, and she proceeded to the Throne room. Her seat was on the right of the Lord's throne, while smaller, it was equally as grand, being framed gold, it's seat teal. She set herself down upon it, and crossed her long legs.

Rilgomm sighed as the werewolf ran off. It would either stay away, or attack in revenge, either way, he never got to finish it off. He dropped the mace and healed his men as best he could, before proceeding back to Castle Cheydinhal. He would be having a word with the blacksmiths later over the lack of silver. Weary, he shoved open the doors of the castle, and strode in. His family stood there, worried-looking. His sons were lugging around weapons. They embraced him simultaneously, bombarding him with questions.

"Were you bitten?"

"Are you hurt?"

"Did anybody die?"

"Yes." Rilgomm responded. "We lost a farmer and two good men."

"What was that voice? Was that the wolf?" His eldest son asked.

"No, there's a lich living in the ruins nearby. He's passive, at least. He assisted us against it. I'll explain later." He broke off from his family and walked into the throne room. Synnove was sitting in her throne. Rilgomm was always puzzled by her, but her advice was almost infallible at the worst of times.

"That beast out there, was not a natural one. No werewolf I've ever heard of has a resistance to weapons."

Synnove only looked up at her lord with her eyes, not moving her neck to face him "That doesn't require much thought my lord... It has a benefactor of the Daedric kind, as none of the divines would grant such powers to a werewolf, and enchanted equipment can hardly be fitted to those feral beasts. Hircine must have chosen that beast for something or other, but i wouldn't be too worried, if it continues to attack, we will continue to defend, and a beast in a feral fury cannot take the time to work out our techniques, but we can start to understand exactly what harms it, and how to hit it... If you want to ensure the farmers are safe, guard them, as keeping them inside the walls is a sure way to see our supplies dwindle." Synnove said, once she had said her bit, she looked at the lords family "As for them... i can promise those in the castle with me would be safe should anything happen."

VulViingKonahrik was perched upon Unahzaal Zinds tallest tower. The snow fell around him, the way the dragon was watching the ancient stronghold was a mixture of sadness and recollection. As he looked around the stronghold of his fallen kingdom, his sadness and recollection changed into ambition. If what Krasaar had said was true, now was the perfect time to strike the Joorre. The perfect time to rebuild. The gates below opened and four dozen Draugr who had been clearing bandits and undesirables off the land... they brought prisoners with them. The Dragon would leave their fate to Krasaar.

As he gazed up into the boundless skyline, War drums playing in the sunshine, he raised up into the air and shouted with the voice which once forced the Joorre to yield. If this battle would him slain then he knew Akatosh would call his name, it was better to take a stand than to hide away in shame.

The Dragon shouted and flew into the air. The first rule of warfare. Know thy enemy. Flying south to Cyrodiil (which Krasaar and VulViingKonahrik had decided would be the easiest to conquer), the dragon would inspect each fortification, each village and each army from the relative safety of above. First, he would inspect the city the Joorre called Cheydinhal, then the imperial city, followed by leyawin, bravil, anvil, Chorrol and Bruma. Then, having come in a full circle, would inspect the nearby settlements in skyrim and morrowind respectively.

VulViingKonahrik watched the city from dive rock. It seemed well fortified, to be sure and that would probably not be the first city for him to attack... too defensive. Powerful. The dragon roared in sheer annoyance at the situation. Before realising that probably hadn't been a good idea, he was close to Joorre, outlying farms and villages... prehapes even some in the city its self, could have heard... and did not want to have to fight at the moment.

Edited by Brutii

After a few hours, Neh'Taniel had regained enough of his strength to be able to move, and gathered himself again. He soared back out of his ruin towards the neighboring town. The locals didn't openly attack him, seeing as he had helped drive away the werewolf and had done his best to protect them, but it was clear they were more than a little wary of him. For all they knew, he could simply be tricking them into trusting him. He shouted to the castle,

"I am Neh'Taniel. I seek an audience with the Nord Warrior named Rilgomm."

The distant echo of a dragon's roar swept through Cheydinhal, only to be carried away by the wind. Wherever it was, it was very far away, and probably had natural camouflage. If Rilgomm has not been raised in Skrim, he'd never be able to place the noise. Despite its distance, he bristled uncomfortably. He knew that the dragon could quickly cover such distance, but didn't bother looking for it.

"A dragon is the last thing we need around here right now." He murmered. He looked at Synnove. "I'll be talking with the blacksmiths. Silver isn't as common around here as it used to be, seeing as how it supplied most of the Imperial Legion during the oblivion crisis. But we all need a weapon that can affect all opponents, not just physical ones."

He walked to his personal quarters and got dressed in something a little less hot, namely a short-sleeved white worker's shirt, with black pants and leather shoes. His axe was still strapped to his side, of course, along with a hunting bow and some arrows, just in case he was attacked at range. Rilgomm wasn't paranoid, but the land was in the midst of civil war, and the leader of a major faction could never be too cautious. He talked to each of the blacksmiths, told them to be on the lookout for any sources of silver, and said the same to the innkeeper. He spoke with the captain of the guard, told him to increase patrols for the outlying farms, and saw to the burial of the dead. The whole process took several hours. Rilgomm, in the graveyard by the church, was not visible to the Lich when he requested an audience. He shivered at the sound of its voice, and irritably excused himself from the burials for a minute. He approached Neh'Taniel, motioning for several knights to stand down, who were readying for battle.

"You picked a bad time, Neh'Taniel. I'm seeing to the burial of the dead. I know you had no way of knowing, so I'll let it slide. Good to see your spell didn't harm you too badly. Is there something you need?"

Edited by Flipout6

If Neh'Taniel still possessed flesh, he would have grinned. As he did not, he consented to nod, and spoke.

"Your bravery is impressive, Mortal. I went through my ruin before coming here, and found one of my old caches. You are welcome to it. I have 5 silver weapons, as well as several silver ingots. You are welcome to them. Oh, one more thing." Neh'Taniel fished a small pouch from the inside of his robes and handed it to the Nord.

"That contains several amulets, but I suggest you copy the symbol from them into the wood of the caskets of your dead. It is an ancient warding glyph. It prevents any dead buried with the symbol above them from being raised as a zombie. I figured it would be a sign of faith from me." Neh'Taniel sat on a rock nearby, resting his staff on a nearby tree.

VulViingKonahrik had completed his rounds of the cities of cyrodiil and covered Skyrim and Morrowind. Indeed, while cyrodiil was falling apart the other two provinces showed no evidence of such. This troubled him, it would be hard to fight a war on all fronts. If he launched a full scale war on the Joorre, the minute he made his move their would be armies breaking down his front door. No, that wouldn't work. The dragon landed in front of the waiting Krasaar, who bowed

"Alok" VulViingKonahrik said "Tinvaak"

"Zu Qolaas. Faal Lahvu Los Lahvraan Fah Vukein."

"Faal Golt Jul Zul 'Cyrodiil' Los Sahlo"

"Ruz Mu Lost Aan Grahmindol?"

"Geh. Meyz" The dragon entered a giant room to explain his plan to Krasaar