Delphine Blades Leader?

CryptsOfTheDead

Hey everyone,

We all know how much of a pain Delphine is. She even has the nerve to threaten you. One game I was playing, I decided to just pound the living tar out of her. I was planning on starting a new character any ways, so I thought, why not. If not for being essential, she would have been dead like 10 times over. She is weak and nothing but a loud mouth wanna be warrior.

I've made it a habit now to totally ignore her. As soon as she hands me the horn, I follow her into the other room, wait for her to go through the hideaway door, then I close it and leave. lol. I mean, I play a female Nord, and am a huge supporter of the Stormcloaks, so I'd never join the Blades. Only once, and that was with an Imperial.

Any who, my question is... how did she become the leader of the Blades any how? I thought such a thing needed to be sanctioned by the Emperor himself. Or am I missing something? Did she just wake up one morning, and said, "I guess I'm the new leader of the Blades?" If anyone has any info on how the Blades with Delphine was formed, I'd love to know. And thank you.

Crypts

The Blades as an actual entity were disbanded as part of the White-Gold Concordat (or soon after, I can't remember). The "Blades" in Skyrim (i.e. Delphine and Esbern) are nothing more than two has-been warriors trying to relive glory days they never even experienced. To answer your question directly, Delphine has absolutely zero authority to organize, let alone lead, a Blades unit. In fact, (as the Thalmor would certainly point out) she and any other members would be subject to execution if they were ever found out.

Did she just wake up one morning, and said, "I guess I'm the new leader of the Blades?"

Effectively, yes, likely as soon as she heard about the dragons.

The Blades once were a formidable force, even after they stopped dragonslaying, but like the Septim Empire, they eventually came to an end. That's not to say there couldn't, nor shouldn't, be a "new" Blades in the future, but that will have to wait until after the Empire resumes war with the Thalmor.

Thanks for the info, TheGreatFalro. I thought it was something along those lines. I need to get back to modding so I can whip up something to actually kill her and those wanna be morons. Sounds like fun doesn't it? :happy:

And to Pagafyr… yes, I know about that mod. Been meaning to try it, but I found it best to just ignore her. It's been over a month in game time since I left her in the basement. She's probably still there. Hee hee. All I know, is Ongar is renting beds now. He sent some thugs after me to after I stole "The Great War" from the bedroom. Heh.

Any ways... thanks people.

Crypts