NVSE downloaded and extracted with 7Bit, but requirements for installation unable to be fufilled!

Bawska

Okay so, this is really bugging me. I want to use the Pipboy 2500 mod and, you know, countless other mods that require NVSE, and as I'm reading down the installation process, it keeps telling me to copy and paste the ".dll" and ".exe" files into my Fallout Directory. Now, this would be simple, right? However, there's a small problem:

I don't see either of those.

When I download NVSE, it's downloaded as a 7bit file titled "nvse_5_1_beta4". Not a damn .dll or .exe to be found.

And I know what you're thinking: "have you put this in your directory?" Yes. I have. However, I found out really quickly that it apparently doesn't count as having NVSE installed, because I received a message that said NVSE wasn't installed when I started a new game with the Pipboy 2500 mod installed as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps a step-by-step as to how to properly install this friggin' thing the proper way?

Do you have 7-zip installed on your computer? If you don't, go to the NVSE download page and look for the highlighted 7-zip link and download and install it.

Open 7-zip and extract the downloaded NVSE file. Once it is extracted, open the NVSE folder and locate the NVSE .dll file. Copy the .dll and .exe file to your FNV directory. Not your data folder, but the same place where the game .exe file is located.

Keep in mind, NVSE will not work if you have FNV installed in the "Program Files" directory.

Edited by M48A5

EDIT

So I deleted the 7-Zip folder and everything involving it on my thing, and now I'm going to redownload 7-Zip and NVSE. I'll edit with the situation that starts up.

EDIT #2

Same thing. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is there something I'm supposed to specifically open? The specific name of the file?

Edited by Bawska

You are supposed to extract/unzip the file that you downloaded, "nvse_5_1_beta4". Go to wherever you downloaded the file to, highlight the file name, then right click. Go to 7Zip and choose Extract Here. You should then see the .dll and .exe files. Make sure that you put the files in the game install directory, NOT in the Data folder.

Okay, I've done that and I see the .dll. However, there are MULTIPLE .dll. Do I just take the whole extracted folder and put it in the directory or do I have to specifically find and copy those two? And also, I assume the .exe file is the NVSE Loader?

EDIT

Think I did it.

EDIT# 2

I did not.

Edited by Bawska

Did I mention that I'm not tech savvy as most people? And that i'm just starting to PC game? Probably should've. I don't mean to be a bother, but I really am trying my best to understand all the instructions given. I did extract it all and searched through; I even put the NVSE loader in the directory along with the first .dll I spotted. The game loaded, I put in the command "GetNVSEVersion" and it just came up as an error. On the download page, that means something went wrong.

I don't know what went wrong, though.

Halp, pls.

Edited by Bawska

As it turns out, I figured out and have everything working. My mistake for bothering the helpful people on this forum.

I appreciate the help I received and hope you all have a fantastic rest of your day!

If you have the game installed in "Program Files", NVSE will not work and you will have problems installing other mods.

Please see "installing Games on Windows Vista" https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Installing_Games_on_Windows_Vista%2B This applies to all versions of Windows from Vista to Windows 10.

The extracted files you need to install in the game directory are, the NVSE .dll and NVSE_loader.exe.

Once that is done, you will start the game using the NVSE_loader.exe.