Willing to compensate for mod work

vinniewryan

Hello fellow modders, I have a request, it's a fairly large undertaking. I would do it myself but every time I try to load the Papyrus Compiler my creation kit gives an error and will not proceed. Further my editor will not display a preview of NPC's in their Base menu, and there are other misc errors and problems which just prevent me from reliably working with the editor.

The MOD will introduce the ability to initiate and maintain friendships with NPC's and creatures by means of gifts, dates and other activities such as hunting, competitive target shooting, and other mini games in which both the NPC and the player can compete.

The basis of this mod relies on scripts that can run on any NPC, initiated by the player and/or the NPC depending on restrictions within compiler/ editor.

I plan to integrate animations provided by other modders, with their permission of course.

My girlfriend and I will record all of the dialogue (voice) here. Dialogue will be made for every Vanilla race and will include new greetings and surface encounters as well.

I will make all new meshes and textures for gifts and other items.

Mini games may require new menus and such, if its possible.

Also, if anyone can suggest reasons why I get the following errors, I'm all ear.. eyes. ;)

ERRORS:

When loading the FaceGen Preview:

Assert

File:

C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\BSShader\Shaders\BSLightingShaderProperty.c

pp

Line: 806

Cheers!

OMG! I can't believe I saw your post! I am new to modding and currently working on something exactly like this! Actually, I wanted to become a modder because I wanted to see this in Skyrim and there wasn't anything like it that I could find. I felt like conversations with NPCs were very shallow. And without getting super far through the main story, I didn't have any "friends" in Skyrim, just people I had helped who thanked me, and then went on treating me like everyone else. Likewise, I was disheartened that my followers really didn't say anything , or repeated the same lines over and over (J'Zargo). I believe I am calling my mod STAR - Friends in Skyim unless I can come up with something better. I am completely new to this, but very ambitious and motivated to do it.

Now that I've finally stepped into it, I see a few potential stumbling blocks down the line but a lot of this functionality seems to already be built into Skyrim which made me wonder if nobody wanted this feature. For example, do you know most NPCs already have a parameter allotted to them that defines if they are married, courting, or single or etc? It even keeps track of their family. Anyway I'm rambling, but I was super excited to see your post and know that someone else in the world would like this kind of a mod. As I said though, I am totally new to this, 100% committed to doing it but also 100% lost and I will have to rely on help from other scripters occasionally for assistance.

My progress so far. That may not seem like a lot...:

• Dialogue menu appears. Its basic Skyrim option window, bit I have plans for a full radial menu like Fable.
  • Menu is filtered by types of NPCs so you cannot befriend monsters, or other people it doesn't make sense to
  • Menu disappears when the NPC is fighting with you (that was a funny glitch I found)
  • I have it so an NPC will tell you if they like you or not (still working on how to change +/- this variable
  • They can also tell you if they are married, single, or in a relationship.

I don't have a lot of time after work to look at this, but I intend to spend as much time on it as I can. Currently, I am looking for how to raise or lower variables (or create my own) to handle the relationship scale.

My end goal is something similar to "The Sims" plus "Fable" plus "Harvest Moon" where you can choose from a list of discussion topics and the NPC will "like" or "dislike" your choice, upping or downing their friendship scale. You will be able to give gifts to NPCs and they will like or dislike those. NPCs will be able to be invited places, and will show up at the proper time. You can invite them hunting with you. And in the future, there would be a LOT of integration. Ex: If you show up on a rainy night at someones house pulling out an axe, and they don't know you. They lock the door, or flee.

I think this mod would be a great addition to skyrim, although I can see some aspects not being wanted by all. Maybe some people will just want the NPC friendship options and no romance etc. These options will be able to be installed via "Add-On" packs. I want to make it very modular as some of the top mods on this site are, so you can can choose just what you want.

I will update this post as soon as I can figure out the current "stopping blocks" so that you (and anyone else) can play the first test release. I'm sure once I can get it out there, and spread the word, people may be able to help out. As far as having a team, I don't know if I could find enough people to help, and I don't know if I would be good at that. I'd rather post an issue and get a response and then just put it in and list them in the credits. But this post just made me super happy so I wanted to post but i certainly not to deter anyone from helping or making this mod all on their own. I'm sure that a professional modder could have the basics down a lot faster.

Anyway you slice it, this is a huge undertaking for a mod, but hey I like to choose ambitious goals and I can't wait to show you what I have so far!

I actually got the inspiration for some of these features from Fable, but Skyrim is such a better game all around.

I'm also happy someone else out there has a desire for this kind of mod. I've already started working on it, but today is the first time I've even touched the Creation Kit. There's still a lot to learn but I think with enough ambition and devotion it can be done. It's been mostly a pleasure making the global dialogue and setting the emotions and animations of the NPC's as you offer them gifts and compliments/ insults.

Thank you for your reponse, I'd love to see your progress, even if it's just a video of some screenshots of something working. I just started another thread to get some help with starting quests. The dialogue works just fine when I manually set the quest stage to 0 in the console, but my trigger to do so in the CK isn't working correctly. I can tell I'm not going to get much sleep for a few months :P

@IsharaMeradin: Thanks for letting me know. I'll re-open the CK and try again, clicking ignore this time.

I'm going to watch this topic because I am very, very, a million times very interested in having this mod. Unfortunately I can't offer any advice since my modding experience is based around making things craftable which were never intended to be craftable :P Still. I wait with bated breath.

Hmm... well after another day of hours of disappointment I have to say I'm not having any luck with this at all... :( It seems like there's no way to do it without customizing EVERY NPC manually? In the process of this I somehow broke what I did have going and now can't get NPCs to talk to me AT ALL. I feel like if someone knew what they were doing that the stuff is there to do it, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I didn't realize that you were also saying that you were working on it too. Have you had any luck doing this? It seems like it needs to be a "radiant quest" so that it can appear to everyone in the world but all of the example radiant quests examples have a clear person or set of persons specified that are allowed to have the quest. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it appear for everyone, but then make the quest know which NPC gave you the quest.