Swords Request

rondivu

I know. I just thought I'd post the link in case he wanted it.

Thanks. I appreciate it and I know... I just wanted to through out the question to see if anyone with scripting abilities could, out of curiousity and hope (at this point). I am aware that people have come up with scripting, in which case it would be interesting enough and I know it's possible, to do the whole gunblade switch.

I figured the logic could go like this: make two weapons, one is the sword, the other is the staff with the same model, and OBSE switch spell which then switches between gun/swordplay modes, and if one of the weapons is being used, the spell stores one model for another. However, it requires extensive scripting knowledge and some jerry-rigging and a nack for genius creativity to get that sucker to work. That's the rub and task that I was hoping someone could endeavor, lol, but it is difficult at best. :wallbash: I suppose the bullets aren't really necessary, you can just use a charge that have an upper limit of four uses before completely being out of magic.

:blink: I'm still studying scripting, and I'm having problems reading the complex spells like PJ's and Tim's and am awed by whats happened so far. I'm grateful though... yay for the modding community for being so cool. :biggrin:

lol i didnt even think of an ammo count ;) good point tho

the bullet prob i meant was that there is no magic effect that would resemble one... youd still shoot fireballs or somin (well a firebasll shooting sword would rock nevertheless i think lol)

what would be thinkable maby even without obse would be this:

a 2h sword and a staff... same model... switch with the usual script (for example like in my god blade mod)

the difficulty arises with asigning a button to the action instead of an event like unsheathing/sheathing (obse would help)... maybe logintodownload knows a way ;) edit: just thought about casting a spell which would enchant the weapon to shoot fireballs for the time being and casting again switches back...

it self repeairs/ reenchants each change (obse helps here by memorizing the health value)

and if you enchant it the effect is lost... (just enchant it modside to counter that)

but regarding obse there are quite some problems like an installation usability not meant for just any user aswell as problems like crashes, conflicts, etc... see deadly reflex problems for example... theres quite a bunch of people who just dont get it running... thats the main reason why people like saidenstorm or myself refrain from using it at all... its a great tool tho...

OH GRATZ TO MYSELF!!!!! 700th POST WUHHHU!!! do i get a cookie?

edit: just played a bit with the idea... a new problem... if u use a spell to change the models you still have the unsheath/sheath animation making it look strange as you put your weapon away and get a new one out... my base script also didnt allow to turn the effect off and switch back to the former weapon...

another problem is that the staff animations require a damn long handle/hilt... or you grab air or blade...

not to forget that if you unequip a staff its upside down and a sword the other way round... thus my conclusion is that:

its possible but looks too bloody weird and unimmersive to become a worthy and good mod unless someone finds a way to temporarily change bone nodes (which is not even possible permanently atm) or changes all animations regarding staffs...

OH GRATZ TO MYSELF!!!!! 700th POST WUHHHU!!! do i get a cookie?

How about a metaphorical one?! :thumbsup: hehe. I would if I could. 700 hundred of them. Then again, that might give u 700 ways to get unhealthy LOL. :blink:

I suppose then, that the only (obvious) way to do it is to simply charge the sword with an enchantment, and have a new (gun blast effect) sound when it hits an opponent (just a replacement sound effect of a gun) to simulate a character triggering the attack at the point of impact... although it does sound a little strange to do it every single time, i suppose it would only work very few charges, otherwise it would just make a regular slash sound.

Then again, what if it could activate when one casts a spell, the sword "obtains" a charge (or switches to an enchanted version of same sword), thus enable the character to strike and cause the above to happen, and then wait for a recharge. But i'm not sure if that would be any better since it may end up having to have two swords, so to unsheathing actions... unless there was some way to alter a nonenchanted gun into an enchanted one, execute the "special attack gun shot thingy" when swung to attack, and then change it back to its origin state.

Just going through possibilites... OH and wow 700! happy 700th POSTING!

I will give u a cookie. hehe. :biggrin:

NEW SWORDS EVERYONE! Let me know what you think? I think I shall move onto other prospects. Anyone have suggestions on the next set of weapons/armor/stuff to ponder over?

• 4 weeks later...
Welp... looks like no one's interested... (except for one person lol) i guess this would be a dead one. Well then I shall move on to better prospects for my original artwork... whenever Fallout 3 gets modability.

Archived