I'm at a loss with this. SKSE64 absolutely REFUSES to load with Skyrim...

Ajax7700

Okay, so. I have the latest version of both SKSE64 and TESV:SSE. I've tried EVERYTHING I've come across, from different installation methods, to switching from NMM to MO2 back to NMM, to checking firewall, etc. Essentially, if I've read about it, I've probably tried it at some point. But no matter what I do to try and fix this issue, nothing seems to work. I've updated and rolledback, I've loaded and reloaded... I'm just at a freaking loss at this point. SKSE64 still won't load with the game. Please, for the love of god, can someone help me fix this?

Hmm...load *with* the game?

You are presumably aware that when SKSE64 is in effect, you run SKSE64_loader.exe instead of the normal game icon, right?

I have nothing else useful to offer, but your wording led me to think maybe you expect SKSE64 to load up when you open the game with the original game icon.

" SKSE64 still won't load with the game"

Forgive me if I've misinterpreted your post... just trying to help.

SKSE64 isn't designed to "Load with the game"

SKSE64 as with all other script extenders are designed to LOAD THE GAME.

First, did you install it correctly?

[ Installation ]

1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.

2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

Secondly, are you starting Skyrim SE, by double clicking on the SKSE64_Loader.exe?

You are presumably aware that when SKSE64 is in effect, you run SKSE64_loader.exe instead of the normal game icon, right?

I have nothing else useful to offer, but your wording led me to think maybe you expect SKSE64 to load up when you open the game with the original game icon.

It's okay, any help is appreciated. But yes, I am fully aware of that factor. Nonetheless, I found that the base game works when running it with it's own .exe, however when running the SKSE64_loader.exe it seems to ctd instantly. I've opened up task manager and you could see when the application loads, holds up for a second or two, then fails to launch. I looked into this with the steam console (as I have the base game through steam) and it seems to push different update id's while attempting to launch the game through SKSE64_loader.exe. Further digging indicated that the script id's (for whatever reason) don't seem to want to string to the update id's. In a sense, it's saying they don't match up, thus causing ctd scenario without the SKSE64_loader.exe actually having a chance to launch due to a version mismatch. So then, could there be an issue with steam? Or is it the update id's themselves? (and yes, I know how to work with this stuff, but forgive me if you will, the terminology of it eludes me)

Edited by Ajax7700

It's okay, any help is appreciated. But yes, I am fully aware of that factor. Nonetheless, I found that the base game works when running it with it's own .exe, however when running the SKSE64_loader.exe it seems to ctd instantly. I've opened up task manager and you could see when the application loads, holds up for a second or two, then fails to launch. I looked into this with the steam console (as I have the base game through steam) and it seems to push different update id's while attempting to launch the game through SKSE64_loader.exe. Further digging indicated that the script id's (for whatever reason) don't seem to want to string to the update id's. In a sense, it's saying they don't match up, thus causing ctd scenario without the SKSE64_loader.exe actually having a chance to launch due to a version mismatch. So then, could there be an issue with steam? Or is it the update id's themselves? (and yes, I know how to work with this stuff, but forgive me if you will, the terminology of it eludes me)

If your game is crashing immediately with SKSE64 then you're either

using the wrong version of SKSE64 with your version of the game

don't have SKSE64 installed correctly

Are using SKSE instead of SKSE64

Are using Skyrim instead of Skyrim SE

Make sure you have ALL the DLLs from SKSE64 installed, it's easy to miss the Steam_Loader.DLL

Make sure all of the PEX files from DATA\SCRIPTS\ folder in the SKSE64 zip file are put in DATA\SCRIPTS in your game data\scripts\ folder

I am also having the same issue as described within this post. I am very new to using mods (only a month) and successfully been running Skyrim SE through the skse64 launcher for the last month. Yesterday,I accidentally launched Skyrim SE through my Vortex mod manager. I got a pop up window stating something like SKSE was not up to date or current for my version of Skyrim SE. I immediately closed the game and relaunched with my SKSE launch short cut. The game opened and I played it without issues.

Today, restarted my computer and went to launch the game and have the same CTD issue as described in this post. Being New to moddinng I am limited in how to trouble shoot this issue. My version is skse64_2_00_16. Was there a fix you found to resolve your CTD? Was there an Update to the Creation club that I am not aware of? Any advice on how you resolved your issue or advice in general would be appreiciated.

Also my apology if I have been inappropriate in posting this here. It is my first post ever and I am unsure if I should seek feedback here or do a new post.

I am also having the same issue as described within this post. I am very new to using mods (only a month) and successfully been running Skyrim SE through the skse64 launcher for the last month. Yesterday,I accidentally launched Skyrim SE through my Vortex mod manager. I got a pop up window stating something like SKSE was not up to date or current for my version of Skyrim SE. I immediately closed the game and relaunched with my SKSE launch short cut. The game opened and I played it without issues.

Today, restarted my computer and went to launch the game and have the same CTD issue as described in this post. Being New to moddinng I am limited in how to trouble shoot this issue. My version is skse64_2_00_16. Was there a fix you found to resolve your CTD? Was there an Update to the Creation club that I am not aware of? Any advice on how you resolved your issue or advice in general would be appreiciated.

Also my apology if I have been inappropriate in posting this here. It is my first post ever and I am unsure if I should seek feedback here or do a new post.

fwiw, in general, it's best to open a new issue in which you outline the problem and provide details, ideally including a mod list and any other details that might help someone help you, since many if not most CTDs are installation-specific problems, but for the sake of not being brusque:

• have you installed any new mods or otherwise changed your configuration?
  • have you attempted to load an older save file?
  • have you attempted creating a new game?