How do I restore original Main Menu video and sound?

Murielkai

Oblivion Reloaded changed the original Main Menu along with the video and music that plays and I would like to use the Whisperer v2 mod for the intro.

I think the changes are made in the INI for Oblivion but im not sure what they are, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Edit: Ok, seems the INI wasn't changed concerning the intro video and music so I guess OR is changing it some other way.

Edited by Murielkai

Actually, the later releases of Oblivion Reloaded do indeed contain new videos and menu music files, and they're also used. Namely these are under "Video/ORGameStudios.bik", "Video/ORMainMenu.bik" and "Music/Special/ORMainMenu.mp3".

I just don't exactly know how those are made used, but it's likely a function of the OBSE plugin itself. If so, then it should be configurable inside the OR INIs somewhere, not the Oblivion.ini.

...After a short sweep through the latest INI it's probably something similar to the "ReplaceIntro" flag in "OBSE/Plugins/OblivionReloaded.ini" under [Main].

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a solution for this issue, the mod adds a new video file Video>ORMainMenu.bik and audio file Music>Special>ORMainMenu.mp3. I replaced these with the files that Oblivion uses by default which are named Map loop.bik and tes4title.mp3.

To do this you will need to copy those 2 default files (Map loop.bik and tes4title.mp3) and rename them to ORMainMenu.bik and ORMainMenu.mp3, then place them inside the Oblivion Reloaded folders to replace the ones it uses.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope it helps. I did this and it works.

• 1 month later...

I have a solution for this issue, the mod adds a new video file Video>ORMainMenu.bik and audio file Music>Special>ORMainMenu.mp3. I replaced these with the files that Oblivion uses by default which are named Map loop.bik and tes4title.mp3.

To do this you will need to copy those 2 default files (Map loop.bik and tes4title.mp3) and rename them to ORMainMenu.bik and ORMainMenu.mp3, then place them inside the Oblivion Reloaded folders to replace the ones it uses.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope it helps. I did this and it works.

Worked for me, not sure where the intrusive change was made on Oblivion Reloaded but glad to have my menu back

• 2 weeks later...

"To uninstall the Oblivion Reloaded mod, simply remove all of the game's files and delete the Oblivion. ini file to revert it back to its original state."

I deleted my ini file and the original menu came back.

Edited by hestagretel