Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I love the idea of incorporating real-world influences into the armour that appears in-game. I've been following this thread since it began, and the progress is incredible, as is the attention to detail.

If I were to humbly suggest a source for inspiration, it would be the Polish hussar armour that developed in the late middle-ages and early renaissance. It's an interesting fusion of eastern and western styles, and tends to be quite unique and dramatic in its design.

A few examples:

Winged Hussar 1

Winged Hussar 2

Winged Hussar 3

Hussar Helm 1

Hussar Helm 2

Hussar Helm 3

EDIT: @SkyrimAvio - This project is too cool not to read! :)

Edited by JanusForbeare

Im far tooo drunk topreplyu seriousltm to any comments and I listening to mumford and sons will update tomorrwo with something sensible

edit: not too drunk apprently to make my post orange

edit2: white blank page is awesome!Q!"!!!

edit 3: so are the Polish hussars, my GF is polish.. lol.. probably no one want3d to know that

edit4: but.. polish hussars are from much later as in the 1700's... still orange yeah!

edit5: and they didnt fight in that helm.. that was just for shiow...

Edit5.5 lol... I realise that its a suggestion tworards the feelo of the mod.. I will be using somewing slong those lines for the imperioal armour.. what the f*** am i talking about?

Edddit6: eyah not agood ideas after 3 bottles of wine..

still orange though

Edit6: I see Nivea..lo..l///... :tongue:

Edit7: still orange!! Ha!

Edit6: how fickle my heart and how woosy my eyes

I'll drink to that. Although I get the feeling I've got some catching up to do...

And yes, the winged hussars were a later development. Their armour was the most distinctive of the Polish designs, though, and that's why I'm suggesting it as inspiration. It's your mod, you decide what suits your tastes. :)

The third helm is definitely decorative, but some officers did fight in overly ornate armour. There wasn't nearly the same emphasis on camouflage back then as there is today. I still think it would look pretty nice as a general or officer's helm, but if it doesn't appeal to you, there are always the other two to consider.

By the way, I'm loving that there are three edit #6s...

Edited by JanusForbeare

Kudos to Nivea...

anyoe remember lands of lore or Ravenloft? or Baldures gate I and II, thats were I wish games were at these days, why dont they make em tlike thy used too? going offtopiv on my own thread..lol

still orange!

Edit6: there wrere not 2 edits 5's!!!

there wrere 3 lol.. wopps

ActusRes, Obsidian is creating a game like Baldurs Gate, Its called Project Eternity, and by the way, you sound like Oghren, drunk guy.

Yeah its looking awesome..

Welp I guess he won't be working on his mod early Saturday morning, that's for sure! :sick:

Ha! proved you wrong! :tongue: plenty of water, 4 paracetamol, blue monster, english breakfast and im good to go.. :thumbsup: