Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73625003. #73625633, #73625983, #73626358, #73630598 are all replies on the same post.

SkiaMK wrote: For the most part I like it so far but there is one thing already driving me bat s*** crazy... I liked being able to click on the "NexusMods" button to go back to the game page for the game I am currently looking at; having it take me to the main Nexus home page is of no use to me. I would really like to see that either reverted or an additional button added in up there so I don't have to constantly click on the "Games" drop down and mouse over to the game I currently want to see mods for.
Zaldiir wrote: Click on the game name right next to the NexusMods button. Takes you to the front page of that game.
Hoamaii wrote: Fully agreed with SkiaMK. The game page we could reach in one click, now requires 2+ clicks: 1 click + hovering over a whole series of games (and with luck, "Skyrim", the one most modded game of the Nexus, is at the very end of the list on the right hand side - and "The Witcher" even further!) + then click again. Not overwhelmingly eregonomical, honestly... :(

I'd bet most of us are not browsing all Nexus games at the same time, we mostly focus on one or two games, essentially the games we're playing or modding right now. So having to scroll through all games we've bookmarked to reach the main page of the one game we're already logged in can quickly get truly annoying after a few pages...
Spasticon1 wrote: Hoamaii, you can still go back to the game page with one click. Instead of using the favorite games drop down you can just click on the game name itself. (or on the home icon right next to it, it doesn't really matter as it takes you back to the game's home page either way.)
Hoamaii wrote: Oh, right... I missed that. Guess I'll have to explore a bit further then...;)

There's an image in the news post that shows this :) Edited by Pickysaurus

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #73623143. #73623308, #73624263, #73624448 are all replies on the same post.

BlasterMasterCaster wrote: Am I the only one getting this?

https://i.ibb.co/hDkszLS/00000.png

https://ibb.co/SR2NC5z

Everything looks out of place and on top of everything. :/
Pickysaurus wrote: Looking at your selection of addons, are you blocking things the page needs to load? Icons/Fonts/Javascript?
BlasterMasterCaster wrote: Hi Pickysaurus,

I took some minutes to try several things including disabling all my addons:

https://ibb.co/tPV9CrV

and I still have this problem. I checked and apparently my Javascript is enabled. I have no clue what's going on.
BlasterMasterCaster wrote: Pickysaurus I fixed it!

I had a costume choice of font and text size in Firefox and there is an option in Firefox to allow website to choose their own fonts. I didn't have that option selected so Nexus couldn't show me the the website fonts.

Hopefully this information may help those who encounter the same problem. :)

Thanks for providing you solution! It will definitely be useful to others with the same problem.

In response to post #73624103.

spaven wrote: For some reason I don't seem to have quite the same menu bar you're describing - the upload button is still just an arrow, and I don't have 'Mods of the Month' when clicking on the 'Mods' drop-down. Do I need to clear cache or something? Seems I am stuck on a prior 'version' ?? This is on Windows 7 FF FWIW.

EDIT: is there a way to center-bottom justify the names of your favorited games within their tiles? They all get cut off.

Mods of the month only appears when you're on a game site (so it'll say "Skyrim" where it says "Games").

The Upload button collapses into an icon at narrower resolutions, fullscreen your browser to see it as shown in the screenshot.

In response to post #73623803.

jfjb2005 wrote: It appears that the top bar menu doesn't resize accordingly with the screen.

Past the shock of the novelty -- yes, cleaner -- I could NOT see the Search-Upload-User displayed off-screen with no horizontal scroll bar to indicate the "surplus" I missed; the  window needs to be enlarged so much it's wasting too much screen real estate for its purpose/convenience.
Had to use LastPass to login since I couldn't "see"...

Furthermore, Upload-User pull-down menu characters overlap-garble because of their (apparently) large and/or fixed size... un-zooming makes them tiny-unreadable, say, on a high resolution large monitor.
Win10-Firefox not blocking java or what-not (grin)
My 2¢.

Maybe I missed something, I've been known to be wrong.
Maybe I set FF to not "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of your selections above", but that's it, and I do not think it should be a requirement.
Good work, though.

If you're enforcing custom fonts, that is likely the cause of any display issues.

In response to post #73623143. #73623308, #73624263, #73624448, #73627308 are all replies on the same post.

BlasterMasterCaster wrote: Am I the only one getting this?

https://i.ibb.co/hDkszLS/00000.png

https://ibb.co/SR2NC5z

Everything looks out of place and on top of everything. :/
Pickysaurus wrote: Looking at your selection of addons, are you blocking things the page needs to load? Icons/Fonts/Javascript?
BlasterMasterCaster wrote: Hi Pickysaurus,

I took some minutes to try several things including disabling all my addons:

https://ibb.co/tPV9CrV

and I still have this problem. I checked and apparently my Javascript is enabled. I have no clue what's going on.
BlasterMasterCaster wrote: Pickysaurus I fixed it!

I had a custom choice of font and text size in Firefox and there is an option in Firefox to allow websites to choose their own fonts. I didn't have that option selected so Nexus couldn't show me the the website fonts.

Hopefully this information may help those who encounter the same problem. :)
Pickysaurus wrote: Thanks for providing you solution! It will definitely be useful to others with the same problem.

Thank you guys for the dedication to this website and improving the website even more. :) Edited by BlasterMasterCaster

In response to post #73624738. #73625908, #73626058 are all replies on the same post.

zelazko wrote: How do I remove annoying bottom vortex pop ups that appear and disappear when changing the card on the same content page?

IlyNaZp.png

I don't want your inferior mod manager software but appreciate the mods.

stahpk wrote: I would like to get rid of this also. I am a paid member. Why am I seeing your advertisement. There is not option to disable it or an X to click it off. We know you want to sell this site off but at least support your users for now.
jfjb2005 wrote: uBlock block element works for me

Your accusations are baseless if I didn't support users I wouldn't release single mod here. There are other sites for mod hosting you know?
I don't advertise any products here I dunno what you want nor I care.

Edited by zelazko