Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73666258.

LachlanStowe wrote:

Sorry if I'm too lazy to go through 26 pages of comments to see if there's a relevant answer to that, but is there any plan to restore the dynamic mod search? That huge (and so far blank) sidebar when hitting the magnifier icon makes me think there is but any hint here is welcome, TIA. Deeply missing the feature.

The search popup/preview is still there. The search has not been changed at all in that regard. This seems more like a malfunction on your end or the search service struggling to keep up with requests.

It should still behave like this: https://imgur.com/a/Xt1dIAM

Definitely something on my end. I get a totally different page depending on the browser I select. Opera and Edge seem to redirect me to the mobile site. Works fine with Vivaldi.

Weirdly enough, it isn't the Opera ad blocker preventing me from accessing the desktop site. I disabled it with no change. Opera VPN is also disabled. I'll look into it further and get back to you if ever I identify the problem. User agent values?

Thanks for your quick answer.

Edited by LachlanStowe

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #73639383. #73651028 is also a reply to the same post.

BAPWAS wrote: 'Back to top' isn't working anymore? Also games favorited are shown vertically instead of horizontally. I don't know if it's my browser.
EDIT: Yup, it;s my browser. Sorry about that!
EDIT 2: Needs some improvement on notification tab imo. I can't understand which one is read and which isn't.
Pickysaurus wrote: The notifications tab only shows your unread alerts. Read notifications can be accessed by selecting "Read all"

Pickysaurus, Now that I have found the Updates (excuse me, "Notifications"), I really appreciate how they work.
I no longer have to scroll back to the top of the page to go to the next one, and I no longer have to remember to "remove" the ones I've already looked at. Definitely a big improvement.

In response to post #73639383. #73651028, #73668568 are all replies on the same post.

BAPWAS wrote: 'Back to top' isn't working anymore? Also games favorited are shown vertically instead of horizontally. I don't know if it's my browser.
EDIT: Yup, it;s my browser. Sorry about that!
EDIT 2: Needs some improvement on notification tab imo. I can't understand which one is read and which isn't.
Pickysaurus wrote: The notifications tab only shows your unread alerts. Read notifications can be accessed by selecting "Read all"
mred1602 wrote: Pickysaurus, Now that I have found the Updates (excuse me, "Notifications"), I really appreciate how they work.
I no longer have to scroll back to the top of the page to go to the next one, and I no longer have to remember to "remove" the ones I've already looked at. Definitely a big improvement.

I'm glad you like that feature mred1602 :)

Please make it so that the minimal desktop width before triggering mobile layout is below 1024 as not everyone uses fullscreen browser. Ty

Not only that, I am presbyopic and I enjoy a little magnifying on my browser without Nexus switching to mobile layout even on fullscreen. Can't even enlarge content to full window width without being forced into mobile mode. Sorry to be blunt but even the lamest streaming sites do better.

Edited by LachlanStowe

In response to post #73663188.

BeechMasters wrote: Is there a reason why on EVERY SINGLE PAGE there is an annoying video blocking part of the page?
EVERY single page I go on to here has the same obtrusive video.
Why not just have it once rather than tick people off by having it appear on EVERY SINGLE page.
Is there a reason [logical preferably] why you would have EVERY SINGLE PAGE have this annoying video on it?

LOL yeah, thought so.

So, yeah, a lot of people don't like change.

I like the new design, I think the top bar could be a tad less tall, but overall it's functional and fast/responsive. Some of the tabs in the top bar seem a little sparse (lot of wasted space), like the "support" one; compared to "mods" and "community" tabs.