Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #73625933. #73626013, #73626803, #73627268, #73631813, #73651168 are all replies on the same post.

rick0307 wrote: No more ability to search for mod authors? Without the author subcategory, your searches are small and random. Try "sleepy," for example.

I found your cleverly hidden updates, BTW. Na Na na na na.
Hoamaii wrote: Well, apparently "authors" have become "users"...
FastBlackCat wrote: Lovely. Searching by author was something I used fairly frequently.
Pickysaurus wrote: It works in exactly the same way, we aim to add the ability to search all users at some point in the future. For now it's only been renamed.
Hoamaii wrote: Not to be a drag, Pickysaurus, 'cause I really don't care that authors are now considered users, 'cause we are also that, but your new wording is still confusing.
Searching through "users" only gives you... "authors" for results. Any user who has never published a mod still never turns up in the results - which is still very unfair for all the "users" who publish a lot of content like screenshots and videos, even though they never uploaded a mod.
If we are offered to search for "users", it'd be only fair that we can then find ALL users, or at least all content-creators, not just mod authors.

Also, it'd be much more efficient to lend on the said-user's profile like we used to, instead of just a mods list like what we get now.
I use the search tool a LOT, and I know that we can find a profile by right-clicking on some user's name in the comment or media section - but what I'm most interested in is the full profile, with all types of contents, not just the mods, when I'm doing a search.
Pickysaurus wrote: As I said, we're hoping to enhance this to be a full user search in future :)

Where did you find the Updates (new comments on mods I'm tracking)? I can't find them anywhere.

Edit: Ok, I found the Updates. For anyone else still looking, they have been both moved and renamed.
You can find them under the little bell symbol at the top left and re-labeled as "Notifications".

Edit: Ok, I found the new instructions for where to find the Updates.
(And before you tell me to RTFM, I've been designing user interfaces for the last 10 years, and I've learned that if the customer has to read the manual in order to figure out your new interface, you have already lost.) Edited by mred1602

In response to post #73661663.

lazman555 wrote: You guys got rid off the little icon(number) that shows your new notifications count, before you could just refresh the page and quickly see if you had new activity, now its all hidden behind another menu. why?

Please, You need to at least make the bell change when you get a new notification.

Agreed.

I will not reiterate on all the issues that have been mentioned previously here, but I will definitely say this redesign sucks, it's even worse than the previous redesign. At the very least make it easier to go back to the site page we were browsing in one click, like before. If I'm looking at SE mods, I have zero interest in going back to the nexusmods homepage.

In response to post #73662658.

Alkohol wrote: I will not reiterate on all the issues that have been mentioned previously here, but I will definitely say this redesign sucks, it's even worse than the previous redesign. At the very least make it easier to go back to the site page we were browsing in one click, like before. If I'm looking at SE mods, I have zero interest in going back to the nexusmods homepage.

Returning to the site page is available via a single click. Read the OP.

Is there a reason why on EVERY SINGLE PAGE there is an annoying video blocking part of the page?

EVERY single page I go on to here has the same obtrusive video.

Why not just have it once rather than tick people off by having it appear on EVERY SINGLE page.

Is there a reason [logical preferably] why you would have EVERY SINGLE PAGE have this annoying video on it?

In response to post #73662658. #73662968 is also a reply to the same post.

Alkohol wrote: I will not reiterate on all the issues that have been mentioned previously here, but I will definitely say this redesign sucks, it's even worse than the previous redesign. At the very least make it easier to go back to the site page we were browsing in one click, like before. If I'm looking at SE mods, I have zero interest in going back to the nexusmods homepage.
slippyguy wrote: Returning to the site page is available via a single click. Read the OP.

You're right, I use middle mouse click to open a new tab of the site page and it wouldn't work until I relaunched my browser, so all is good on that front now. Edited by Alkohol

In response to post #73640703. #73641383, #73650308, #73650753 are all replies on the same post.

OshMmf wrote: Could someone tell me how I can sub to the RSS feeds for new files with this new interface ???
Pickysaurus wrote: It's not on the nav anymore but you can still access the page by going to https://nexusmods.com/rss or https://nexusmods.com/{game}/rss :)
OshMmf wrote: This is less convenient, could you please bring back those as clickable links please.
Pickysaurus wrote: Your feedback is noted. We'll look into it :)

Thank you !

Sorry if I'm too lazy to go through 26 pages of comments to see if there's a relevant answer to that, but is there any plan to restore the dynamic mod search? That huge (and so far blank) sidebar when hitting the magnifier icon makes me think there is but any hint here is welcome, TIA. Deeply missing the feature.

In response to post #73666258.

LachlanStowe wrote:

Sorry if I'm too lazy to go through 26 pages of comments to see if there's a relevant answer to that, but is there any plan to restore the dynamic mod search? That huge (and so far blank) sidebar when hitting the magnifier icon makes me think there is but any hint here is welcome, TIA. Deeply missing the feature.

The search popup/preview is still there. The search has not been changed at all in that regard. This seems more like a malfunction on your end or the search service struggling to keep up with requests.

It should still behave like this: https://imgur.com/a/Xt1dIAM