Unlock all Decorative Armors for all Armors

marsec1

That results in genemod soldiers losing their weapon kits and also runs into the max deco limit. This solution makes genemod soldiers look the exact same as your regular guys, right down to the assaults s*censored*y shotgun bandolier.

I totally agree. I didn't come up with the solution, just a solution. A solution which has a different set of pros/cons compared to the good find by Decilete.

I'd suggest keeping the f*#@y armless Kevlar suit simply as not to break the cutscene which intoduces them. Beyond that, I wish you folks the best of luck. I'm currently playing around in the INI to see if there's a way around there but I suppect I'm simply fooling myself. Still, best to try.

You can edit XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\XComGame\Config\DefaultContent.ini and change orange numbers in Mec's ArchetypeName to 1 or 2.

UnitPackageInfo=(PawnType=ePawnType_MecMark3,ArchetypeName="Unit_MecMark3.ARC_Unit_MecMark3")

• 1 month later...

I dont care about the Gene-Mod looking as much as most do.

But i still would like to know how i can change the armor. I realy like the heavier armored soldier with the assault gun.

I also would like to have slimmer male armors, some are very bully.

But i dont know how i can change the kits. In EW they changed they way armor is saved in the ini.

fe

ArmorKits=(Armor=eItem_ArmorKevlar,Weapon=eItem_AssaultRifle,ArmorKit=eKit_AssaultRifle_Kevlar)
ArmorKits=(Armor=eItem_ArmorSkeleton,Weapon=eItem_AssaultRifle,ArmorKit=eKit_AssaultRifle_Skeleton)
ArmorKits=(Armor=eItem_ArmorCarapace,Weapon=eItem_AssaultRifle,ArmorKit=eKit_AssaultRifle_Carapace)
ArmorKits=(Armor=eItem_ArmorGhost,Weapon=eItem_AssaultRifle,ArmorKit=eKit_AssaultRifle_Ghost)
ArmorKits=(Armor=eItem_ArmorTitan,Weapon=eItem_AssaultRifle,ArmorKit=eKit_AssaultRifle_Titan)

The package info is in the same ini file now instead in another one. If you scroll below you fill find entrys like:

ArmorKitPackageInfo=(KitType=eKit_AssaultRifle_Kevlar,ArchetypeName="Kit_AssaultRifle_I_Medium.ARC_Kit_AssaultRifle_I_Medium")
ArmorKitPackageInfo=(KitType=eKit_AssaultRifle_Skeleton,ArchetypeName="Kit_AssaultRifle_II_Light.ARC_Kit_AssaultRifle_II_Light")
ArmorKitPackageInfo=(KitType=eKit_AssaultRifle_Carapace,ArchetypeName="Kit_AssaultRifle_II_Medium.ARC_Kit_AssaultRifle_II_Medium")
ArmorKitPackageInfo=(KitType=eKit_AssaultRifle_Ghost,ArchetypeName="Kit_AssaultRifle_III_Light.ARC_Kit_AssaultRifle_III_Light")
ArmorKitPackageInfo=(KitType=eKit_AssaultRifle_Titan,ArchetypeName="Kit_AssaultRifle_III_Medium.ARC_Kit_AssaultRifle_III_Medium")

i dont know if they just renamed it or changed it all when they integrated the gene mod armors.

I am not sure i understood all your chnages you made, could you maybe help me with changing the EW armors?

What also confuses me, there is only light and medium armor. But why isnt the LMG heavy? I thought Sniper is light (with the ammonution on it), assault medium and heavy weapons heavy.

I dont get it.