Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Some Mods Not Loading

aberto2k

Hi all,

Been searching the forum, but haven't found any help.

I've just installed the new 3025:Commander's Edition after upgrading to Urban Warfare (waited for a sale).

I previously had 3025-Extended installed, so I uninstalled it and cleared the MOD folder, then proceeded with a fresh install of ModTek, Community Bundle - et cetera.

On load, it gives me a "Some Mods Didn't Load" and if I try to start a new career it never leaves the loading screen with the quotes in the top left corner.

I'd attach my log file, but it's too large. Here are the mods that can't load:

BattletechPerformanceFix, NavigationComputer, Pilot Fatigue, Pilot Quirks, Z_JK_VariantCampaign, BT_Extended_Quirks, Galaxy at War and BT_Extended_CE

I've got half a mind to just completely uninstall BT and reinstall from scratch, but figured I'd ask here for a solution first.

Later,

Aberto2k

I assume so - I've recently installed Urban Warfare and I didn't see any warnings about compatibility. Unless I wasn't looking in the right place.

I guess I'll uninstall BT and start with a fresh install of BT. I'll report back.

Aberto2k

• 1 month later...

I have this problem as well. Once the main game screen loads up, I get a message telling me that some Mods could not be loaded. I have recently downloaded the Battletech Advanced 3062 Mod and at first all I got was a black screen and the game wouldn't complete it's cycle for loading up to the main menu. I didn't realise that it might not be compatable with the recent 1.8 update that happened automatically on Steam. I reverted back to 1.7 and the game managed to load up to the main screen with the message that some Mods hadn't loaded. I thought that I would give it a go anyway. However, when I went to look for contracts, the game just does nothing as though it is looking for contracts forever, without actually finding any.

Anyone else experienced this??

With the release of Urban Warfare, and it's accompanying version update, almost nothing is working right now for mods. The mod creators will have to update them first so they can work with the update. For now you only have two choices: revert to/install a previous version, transfer your saves where needed, and live in the past or play vanilla for a while in Urban Warfare.

• 3 years later...