BOSS Reporting Dirty Edits

StayFrosty05

np I can wait no matter how long it takes.good luck with your hardware.

@ similiar means there are steps in that procedure I have to change when doing the same to my skyrim savegame ? if so I need to know what steps exacetely.

I think I just wait for OakRain then XD

Ultimately it is up to individual users to decide whether or not to useTES5Edit to clean Update.esm,Dawnguard.esm and Hearthfires.esm of ITM and UDRs.The Unoficial patches do not specifically address these errors.

Speaking only from my own experience with TES4Edit and TES5Edit these tools have proved extremely useful for cleaning mod content,avoiding conflicts and improving my gaming experience.

I would however strongly suggest that potential users take the time to read up on all the available documentation,to read the [RELZ] threads on the official Bethesda forums and to pay attention to the various tutorials on the CS Wiki and CK Wiki.

I would however strongly suggest that potential users take the time to read up on all the available documentation,to read the [RELZ] threads on the official Bethesda forums and to pay attention to the various tutorials on the CS Wiki and CK Wiki.

It points out that there should be one central location for all the troubleshooting and editing tools, whether on Bethesda's official site/forums, Steam's site/forums or Nexus site/forums. I've gotten more serious over the last two weeks in attempting to get a running version of Skyrim with about 20 mods that I really like, but after installing and uninstalling 100-200 mods (lost track) and save games while my main character leveled from 20 to 47.

If, like me, one stumbles blindly into the modding world and is not aware of all the great resources that are out there on wiki's, multiple forums, individual enthusiasts web sites (like S.T.E.P & others) we're likely to wind up hosed and backed into a corner with unloadable games, freezing games, crashes to desktops (who knew there was even an acronym for it, CTD, because it's so common.)

There are many great YouTube videos and channels for mods (Gopher's is one I really like,) but nowhere but in reading individual posts in forums like this does one really wise up and realize that great discipline is needed when installing and removing mods if you want to continue to just play the game!

@mike2977 - don't know if you have come across this BethBlogin your searching,it was posted in Feb 2012.

The most important section I am quoting below for convenience;

"Back up your saves. Your saves are located in your My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves. Just make a copy of that directory as a backup.

Do not overwrite existing saves. Only make new saves while playing mods so that your original saves still exist if you decide you want to go back to playing without mods.

When you play Skyrim with a mod, in most cases, the new data for the mod will be written into any new saved games you create. For example, if you play Skyrim with Mod X and create a save, the next time you load that save, the game will expect Mod X to also be loaded. If you no longer want to play Skyrim with Mod X, it is best to unload Mod X (by unchecking the plugin under Data Files in your Skyrim launcher) and loading a save that does not require Mod X, usually an older save or a backed up save."

What they don't mention though is the horrible state that saves can develop into by adding and removing mods and carrying on with a save after removing a mod.

I learned the hard way while playing Oblivion for the last couple of years - and Oblivion is so much for forgiving when it comes to taking mods in and out of a save game.With Skyrim I now keep mod load fixed from the start to finish on a character,then delete that char and start over from scratch.It is also a good idea to get through the tutorial with no mods installed then activate desired mods once character has been saved out side the Helgen dungeon.

As you have pointed out user research seems to be essential when contemplating modding your Skyrim game.

@mike2977 - don't know if you have come across this BethBlogin your searching,it was posted in Feb 2012.

As you have pointed out user research seems to be essential when contemplating modding your Skyrim game.

Thanks, I have been on the Bethesda Blog in the past. Unfortunately it's a mishmash of publicity for their products and dificult to find things on like what you did post (and thanks for that.)

It's all good advice, but after the fact, hard to swallow. Had my initial forays into the world of modding warned me right at the start, I might have been much more cautious.

But the structure of play, save, mod, play, save again, play, save, mod, etc., etc., makes it very hard to recall which saved game had which mod installed and at what level of progression for my character, what followers he/she had, etc.

I've used Nexus' Mod Manager almost exclusively to install and uninstall mods, but as I've found out, when removing mods with scripts, those scripts may remain referenced in save games that had them when saved.

Yesterday, I found a reference to Mod Organizer (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1334), which claims to provide some insulation of one mod from another and the ability to install and uninstall with no significant impact to game saves:

MO has several unique features not found in any other comparable tool:

Mods are kept completely isolated from each other -> no more messy data directory (1)

Profiles (2)

Drag&Drop load order AND installation order management

full control over the priority of BSA files (3)

Nexus integration for easy download, installation and update of mods

GUI support for manual installers

partial compatibility with BAIN and fomod installers

Savegame viewer

active required mods from save game

Archive Invalidation

Categorize mods for better overview (customizable)

easy overview of file conflicts

complete help system

Supports Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Skyrim

no dependencies. Just unpack and go

localization (currently: german, spanish, french and chinese)

automatic self-updates

BSA unpacking

I'm not sure whether I can just start using MO at this state in my character's progression; probably not. And with other organizers like Wyre Bash (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1840) out there also claiming to be a better system for managing mods, I'm going to have to do a lot of additional research, trial and error before I uninstall everything, re-download and install Skyrim and start over managing mods and saved games as I should have from the start.

But the structure of play, save, mod, play, save again, play, save, mod, etc., etc., makes it very hard to recall which saved game had which mod installed and at what level of progression for my character, what followers he/she had, etc.
No need to recall. Wrye Bash can tell you easily. In the saves tab you can highlight any one save and it will list off to the right what mod plugins are tied to that save. You can go a step further and right click on the mod and choose Load Masters and only those which are tied to that save will be activated, everything else deactivated. However, one downside is that if the load order was different it won't change the order, you'd have to do that manually if necessary.

That said, I personally use NMM, but Wrye Bash does have some nice features to have on hand.

Mod Organizer looks interesting,but I haven't tried it.

I use a combination of manual install,NMM install,original game launcher and WryeBash (for save game management and Bashed patches) and then BOSS for load order sorting.Now with the release of TES5Edit I use that for cleaning.

The root of many problems is the new way (compared to previous TES games) that scripts are handled in Skyrim in that script data gets baked into a save game and as yet there are no apps to remove or edit this baked in data.The only way to avoid this is to be sure you want a mod installed before making saves you mean to continue with.Little comfort for saves with a lot of progress - I know.I do not think any of the mod managers can isolate a save game from script information.

If I had a criticism of NMM it would be that it makes installing mods very easy and users see nothing wrong with activating dozens of mods at a time and then wondering why they are having problems.

The accepted practice in Oblivion for activating mods that I adopt in Skyrim is to start with a vanilla clean save game,activate a single mod and play test for an hour or so.If all went well then activate a second mod and repeat the testing.Rinse and repeat but only activate one mod at a time.It takes a long time to build up a large mod load but at least problems can be detected and acted upon.

Out of curiosity I have tried a new Skyrim game with many mods installed right from the beginning - only led to problems though.

Ultimately it is up to individual users to decide whether or not to useTES5Edit to clean Update.esm,Dawnguard.esm and Hearthfires.esm of ITM and UDRs.The Unoficial patches do not specifically address these errors.

Speaking only from my own experience with TES4Edit and TES5Edit these tools have proved extremely useful for cleaning mod content,avoiding conflicts and improving my gaming experience.

Increasingly difficult to upload the new fashion is przejsś the end of skyrim (paid for it)

I return to the game AION

NMM does not show the conflict

Wrye Bash difficult installation

NMM2Wrye complicated installation

Well, now clean files TES5Edit a mockery

Update.esm ActiveContains dirty edits: 50 ITM, 1 UDR records. TES5Edit needs cleaning. (Cleaning guide)

For Poland who speaks English poorly not to move the game mods :wallbash:

Edited by cyberbusinesss

Just a quick question,If prior mods such as wars in skyrim , sounds of skyrim or maybe the unofficial skyrim patch have corrupted my savegames a cleaning procedure will make my savegames like I were playing a vanilla without mods till the point where I installed mods ? As for the video tutorials I can wait but It would also be extremely nice if someone that knows the exact procedure could do this for me via teamviewer ?