maxtools been updated

theru

maxtools been updated

https://github.com/nexustheru/max_nif_plugin/downloads

fixes

was an error on the clamp value, corrected that to WRAP_S_WRAP_T

also material dont get exported when exporting skyrim mesh, skyrim dosnt use that only bsnolighteningshader

fixed the vertex color export

but still u need to relink bsnolighteningshader to mesh in nifskope and do check if values is correct on the flags on bshader

orginal thread on niftools

maxtools

im sorry semtex, dosnt seem i can find the gmax source anyweher but if u register as student here at 3d max student page

3d max student , u dont need to prove u are student ,then u can just download whatever program they have and u get a licence and its free.

then download the niftools u need :)

im working on max 2013 atm will release niftools for that to

Edited by theru

had a few platform issues , its now been fixed, and plguin been recompiled and reuploaded, hopefuly it now works on correct platform :) drop into niftools forum and let me know if theres still some issues, and nonoodles, it isnt planned, i still need to get stability on this before adding some more major features in niflib

I don't really understand all the terminology you're using. I use just the basics in nifskope when setting up armors. I'm trying to learn how to do custom creatures and I noticed the bones don't always work in 3ds max. I'm glad to see this stuff is getting updated.

My question is, did you update the documentation or no? Because it talks about setting up the maxtools.ini and a file called winmm.dll, and neither are in the 7z file you linked to. Does this mean the new nifplugins.dlu file is compatible with my existing files?

Great work theru

It's good to see that niftools is getting some attention again. I appreciate the updates and your hard work. Kudos.

Cheers.

to my understanding reading the wiki niftools @ least the Blender Plugin is under full development

And in the Forum you find the answer why it takes so long from the last release

the unstable not freezed Blender API from 2.49 till 2.57 required some very extensive work on it. I guess soon the new Plugin for Blenders now freezed API 2.58 and upwards with full Skyrim Nif support (without needing to modify the version header) is going to be released :)

So i guess in no time it will have then the same functionality as the Max Branch has now, and further development should be quicker with the for now stable Blender API :)

Which is very exciting, seeing all the time these folder views in Blender 2.49 makes me wanna cry, before even doing anything @ all.

Edited by Gratus

I don't really understand all the terminology you're using. I use just the basics in nifskope when setting up armors. I'm trying to learn how to do custom creatures and I noticed the bones don't always work in 3ds max. I'm glad to see this stuff is getting updated.

My question is, did you update the documentation or no? Because it talks about setting up the maxtools.ini and a file called winmm.dll, and neither are in the 7z file you linked to. Does this mean the new nifplugins.dlu file is compatible with my existing files?

dont completely rely on the documentation, it is from stone age, now i simply wrote on the original thread in niftools forum u put dlu in plugin folder and i asuming u already got the max ini in right place, theres no need of some dll file,

aswell i figure peeps wanted a working plugin before working on the documents.

gratus, the blender plugin is almost ready, needs a few adjustement fixes