BLOG PIECE: Nexus development and expansion philosophy

Dark0ne

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hector530 Well the WiiU will allows studios and publishers to host their own online network like EA's Origin. I certainly wouldn't mind Steam on a WiiU.

studios and publishers not competition. valve is working on a steam quote "console" unquote so sony, microsoft and nintendo will never allow a rival's software to be in their hardware. that and sony, microsoft and nintendo dont want anything to do with mods.

Edited by hector530

@Hector - Steam already links with ps3, steam has also launched the beat client witch is obviously designed for tv screens and gamepads... They have also announced there own mini pc hardware system as well.. it is a pretty much known fact that steam is coming to the new next gen consoles.

@Hector - Steam already links with ps3, steam has also launched the beat client witch is obviously designed for tv screens and gamepads... They have also announced there own mini pc hardware system as well.. it is a pretty much known fact that steam is coming to the new next gen consoles.

yep and only works with one game, portal 2 and like you said valve is making hardware so yeah S, M, and N dont want steam now.

Mmm nom nom, lovely cookies they were.

I don't think it's over extending, I think any game that can use mods should have a nexus community, as a whole, people here are good and helpful.

@ginnyfizz: making you download skyrim... why didn't you use the disk?

Made no difference whether I put the disk in or not. It still insisted on downloading via Steam.

@ginnyfizz: making you download skyrim... why didn't you use the disk?

Maybe, just maybe, he bought the digital version.

I am a SHE.

And I bought both versions.

Hey Dark0ne! I just wanna thank you for everything you done for us. I see from this blog that you really care for the community. This site has made my gaming experience for Oblivion and Skyrim a lot better. The community is great and they all make awesome mods. I really appreciate all your work you put in for maintainning the site and servers.

Thanks for the cookie, now i gotta get me some milk...

Edited by Mirogamemasta

The consoles MAY use steam to distribute their games. That does not necessarily mean there will be a steam workshop for them. Most of the games distributed through steam do not have a workshop, and are not modded through steam. However - Never say never. :tongue: We don't know that MS & Sony will not come around and eventually allow mods - IMO, Not likely with the current boxes, but still possible.