Skyrim will not start

FenrirUlv

Hi, could you please post your mod list from the BOSS text file log?

Also, your computer specs, settings, and any changes you have made to your graphics via .ini files or driver interface.

BOSS Text log (its a big one):

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 50 ITM, 1 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)

Dawnguard.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 591 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

HearthFires.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 163 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)

SPIKE.esm Active

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active

AP Skyrim.esm

Error: Obsolete. Update to the latest version. (The esm version produces a massive conflict error which can result in having no dialog.)

HighResTexturePack01.esp Active

HighResTexturePack02.esp Active

Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active

Shrine of Azura LOD Fix.esp Active

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active

Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active

LIAT - Sounds.esp Active

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp Active

ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp Active

Weapons and Armor fixes.esp Active

Weapons and Armor fixes - Hacks.esp Active

Economics of Skyrim.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Cannabis.esp Active

Chesko_WearableLantern.esp Active

ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-3.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp Active

LIAT - NPCs.esp Active

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp Active

Lost Art of the Blacksmith.esp Active

More Craftables.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}

Convertible Azura's Star.esp Active

Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0.esp Active

Realistic Wildlife Loot - Reduced.esp Active

Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

Note: Use only one Realistic Wildlife Loot - *.esp

ShootingStars.esp Active

Convenient Horses.esp Active

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp Active

iHUD.esp Active

BlackSacramentArmor.esp Active

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Note: Use only one cloaks*esp

Cloaks.esp Active

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

1nivWICCloaks.esp Active

Incompatible with: Cloaks of skyrim, get the compatibility patch in the WIC optional files.

Incompatible with: Cloaks of skyrim, get the compatibility patch in the WIC optional files.

1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp

Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.

1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp

Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.

Incompatible with: Cloaks of skyrim (even with compatibility patch). To fix this use another WICCloaks esp or uninstall cloaks of skyrim.

Craftable Arrows.esp Active

DaedricCrossbow.esp Active

Contains dirty edits: 2 ITM, 2 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)

DragonboneCrossbow.esp Active

Contains dirty edits: 1 ITM record. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)

Dragonbone Weapons.esp Active

Dragonbone Weapons - Faster Arrows.esp Active

DualSwords.esp Active

HBetterBows.esp Active

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active

LeftHandRings.esp Active

NightingaleCrossbow.esp Active

nordicrangerarmor.esp Active

Plush Backpack.esp Active

private_singular_quivers.esp Active

Ritual Armor of Boethiah.esp Active

Dr_Bandolier.esp Active

Dr_BandolierDG.esp Active

Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp Active

Run For Your Lives.esp Active

TactlessToxins.esp Active

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp Active

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp Active

Headtracking.esp Active

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active

Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.

TRO_BasicNeeds.esp Active

TR-Basic Needs & RWS Patch.esp Active

MasterTheTimeAndSpaceTOGGLE.esp Active

dovahkiinrelax.esp Active

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp Active

DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp Active

Teleport.esp Active

infinitedaedricchargesbyfioran.esp Active

Enchanting Freedom.esp Active

Path of Shadows.esp Active

The Dance of Death.esp Active

Crimson Tide - Blood.esp Active

alan_extended archery perk tree.esp Active

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active

Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.

BFFAnimalCompanions.esp Active

moveit.esp Active

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active

getSnowy.esp Active

WATER.esp Active

Altair`s Dagger.esp Active

PsilocybinMushrooms.esp Active

Specs:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version: 6.1.7600 Build 7600

System Model: M15x

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core: i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 1597 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory: 5.99 GB

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

I havent done anything with the graphics besides having installed RCRN and then uninstalling it almost immediately afterwards.

Edit: For reference, I had been playing with these mods before I did the factory reset. I did a reset to try and boost my computer's performance and rid it of a lot of junk files I had. Is it possible that I may have accidentally deleted a main file before doing that and steam not freshly installing skyrim but using the previous main files?

Edited by FenrirUlv

Lol..."In my defense...." You are not on trial! Problems with Skyrim are not a sign of failure....I tend to think they are inevitable, and part of the game. It's just a matter of adding more and more variables into an environment. Eventually you are gonna run out of luck.

That said, I am afraid that you may just have to start over. If you had everything running without any trouble before the factory reset, and that is when the problem happened, I suspect that would be a likely cause. You could try the verify cache thing (can't remember if you said you did), and if you have backup up your game you could try to reinstall from a backup....but it has been my experience that skyrim is a little finiky when it comes to things like Windows or BIOS. I had to flash my BIOS and reinstall Windows about 6 months ago, and I ended up having to start with reinstalling Steam and Skyrim.

As far as your concern about skyrim/steam installing properly--the concern is usually not the main files, but subsequently reinstalling old save games and mod files onto a "clean" game, which recreate the environment that the problem occurrred. If it were a matter of a corrupted skyrim download, verify cache would take care of that. Probably though, the problem is embedded in your save games and/or mod files. Bben's help blog has a great explanation of how to clear out all the old files and reinstall. (and lots of other great stuff too)

I do think there are some messages that you will want to take care of in your BOSS log, especially the compatibility warnings. But if your game was working before (ostensibly with these same warnings present) I am guessing they were not the catalyst. Sorry. Maybe someone else will have a less drastic solution for you. But if it's any consolation, pretty much everyone on this board has had similar experiences I bet.

Lol..."In my defense...." You are not on trial! Problems with Skyrim are not a sign of failure....I tend to think they are inevitable, and part of the game. It's just a matter of adding more and more variables into an environment. Eventually you are gonna run out of luck.

That said, I am afraid that you may just have to start over. If you had everything running without any trouble before the factory reset, and that is when the problem happened, I suspect that would be a likely cause. You could try the verify cache thing (can't remember if you said you did), and if you have backup up your game you could try to reinstall from a backup....but it has been my experience that skyrim is a little finiky when it comes to things like Windows or BIOS. I had to flash my BIOS and reinstall Windows about 6 months ago, and I ended up having to start with reinstalling Steam and Skyrim.

As far as your concern about skyrim/steam installing properly--the concern is usually not the main files, but subsequently reinstalling old save games and mod files onto a "clean" game, which recreate the environment that the problem occurrred. If it were a matter of a corrupted skyrim download, verify cache would take care of that. Probably though, the problem is embedded in your save games and/or mod files. Bben's help blog has a great explanation of how to clear out all the old files and reinstall. (and lots of other great stuff too)

I do think there are some messages that you will want to take care of in your BOSS log, especially the compatibility warnings. But if your game was working before (ostensibly with these same warnings present) I am guessing they were not the catalyst. Sorry. Maybe someone else will have a less drastic solution for you. But if it's any consolation, pretty much everyone on this board has had similar experiences I bet.

yes there are definitely some things in the BOSS log ive been touching on, but would have no effect. I cant even get the game to start period so I have no idea why it would be doing this. Im going to try uninstalling it again and then reinstalling once more and Ill see what I come up with. Hopefully I can clean this so I can play my game again (seriously, this is like the only thing that has been entertaining me lately).

I tend to have a lot of problems with AP, so much so I don't tend to use it much. One of the problems I used to get was it conflicting with a lot of mods, try disabling it see what you get.

Also, what is SPIKE.esm?

Oh and Convenient Horses, make sure you installed it and Script Dragon correctly, crashes tend to happen if not.

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Cloaks.esp Active

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

Just started to read your list and found this... Self explanatory I think... Try to install this correctly and see if works.Also the AP thing...