Download problem

samadchaz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's classed as "horribly slow"? I'm not on my normal connection but I'm downloading from the 2 London servers and Kent premium at around 650kb/sec. Not sure how fast the internet is at my location but it's not horribly slow :confused:

Downloads horribly slow tonight, no matter what server I try. Not my connection speed either, getting 1MB/s other sites.

I noticed you're on BT, are you being throttled? they're sods for that. I just tested the Kent server and got 60Mb/s.

What's classed as "horribly slow"? I'm not on my normal connection but I'm downloading from the 2 London servers and Kent premium at around 650kb/sec. Not sure how fast the internet is at my location but it's not horribly slow :confused:

Horribly slow as in about 120kbps...

Downloads horribly slow tonight, no matter what server I try. Not my connection speed either, getting 1MB/s other sites.

I noticed you're on BT, are you being throttled? they're sods for that. I just tested the Kent server and got 60Mb/s.

I shouldn't be, I have a virtually unlimited package and as I don't download a lot of movies or music in addition to game stuff, there is no way I could exceed it. We haven't got BT Infinity here yet so there is no way I'd expect to get...jeepers, 60 Mb/s, who dat from?

Horribly slow as in about 120kbps...

I shouldn't be, I have a virtually unlimited package and as I don't download a lot of movies or music in addition to game stuff, there is no way I could exceed it. We haven't got BT Infinity here yet so there is no way I'd expect to get...jeepers, 60 Mb/s, who dat from?

We used to be with BT and they got up to all sorts of shenanigans, they used to throttle me almost monthly for going over the limit on their "unlimited" service. My service was so bad it wouldn't have been possible to go anywhere their "fair" use limit. I'm damn sure they interfered with streaming video and FTP too. We got fed up with it and switched to cable, I wish we'd switched a lot earlier. If you're in a cable area it's really worth switching.

http://i.imgur.com/hrCCM.png

One place to look when slowness and failures are happening is here

Network Overview /// Internet Traffic Report

The Internet Traffic Report monitors the flow of data around the world. It then displays a value between zero and 100. Higher values indicate faster and more reliable connections.

If a server you are trying is in a yellow zone try one in a green zone...Kinda thing?

This graph shows the Global Packet Loss for the past 24 hours.

View 24-hour graph

View 7-day graph

View 30-day graph

You can get this image that will update by incorperating code from here

Adding a link /// Internet Traffic Report

These images are dynamic and will always display the latest live statistics from ITR without any additional work on your part.

http://www.InternetTrafficReport.com/wa.gif

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/trafficindex.gif

This one will only update if you refresh this page. because I dont think BBcode supports live images Seems to change every 5 minuets or so...

Edited by Apprentice Harper

I really do not get what is going on with the downloads. Earlier I downloaded a file with NMM and got a respectable 1.3Mbps. I am downloading a file manually at the moment (because I want to remove some of the scripts before I install it, is a race mod) and am getting a measly 100Kbps, and that's from the London 2 premium server.

We've got 10 file servers; have you tried downloading from the others or are you getting these speeds on every server? When downloading manually are you using a download manager like DownThemAll? I know you use FireFox, and DownThemAll is a great plugin for the browser that's pretty discrete and works brilliantly. I can get download speeds of around 1MB/sec on US west coast servers, 1.3MB/sec on US east coast servers and 1.6MB/sec on the London servers (the normal, non-premium-only servers) using DownThemAll.

Realistically you shouldn't need a download manager at all. I download from the London servers at 1.4MB/sec in Chrome with no download manager.