[Request] Mannequin Mod / Showroom

AngryPuppy78

I remember having a mannequin mod in Oblivion to show off all my armor, and a cool basement showroom.

Fallout has a lot of cool weapons/armor that I like. I love to collect them all in every game I play. Sadly you can't really show them off very well by just dropping them on the ground.

So if anyone could squeeze one or both of these mods out, you'd be doing all of us OCD players a great favor.

i second that ... with more and more mods for unique or otherwise great clothing and weapons coming out thers a need to show this or look at it without always changing the stuff you wear.

its thanks to reznods mannequins in oblivion that that game got me hooked for some years, and i really want to see this in FO3 too. ok, your house maybe a bit smallish, and that stupid robot butler may collide with them.... but nothings perfect, right?

but maybe they need the construction set for that, they are kind of containers iirc.

but i want my mannequins ... pretty please ;)

:thanks:

• 3 weeks later...

now that the SDK is nearish, i take myself the liberty of bumping it.

and does someone know if thers some kind if OOO-style mod planned yet... like the godlike OOO from oblivion?

hehe... might get confused/converted into angel.... but we dont want that yet :)

oscuros fallout overhaul .... i´m all for it... with showcases, weapon racks, no level cap, harder enemies, some side-quests, and new and cool weapons .... energy swords, scope-attachements for the hunting rifles, 44ers without scope, emp-guns, clean beds, and some order to tell that f...ing bot to get out of my bedroom, haircuts and jokes or not !

• 2 weeks later...

durrrrr...new to the forums, and it only took me one post to feel like a complete douche...i posted this request twice, TWICE! in the wrong section...in the general modification section. so, here it is again, now that i have found the RIGHT place for it.

i know that the G.E.C.K. was only released a short while ago, and i myself just finished browsing through all the available mods on site here. there seems to be a thriving community for it (no real surprise there). i also noticed that a lot of the mods were almost duplicates of OB mods. not exact duplicates, but a lot of what was learned and done in the humongous modding community for OB has translated quite well it seems.

this is good news for fans of modding for FO3.

my request is simple. much like in OB, i like to hoard. i try to keep at least one of every type of weapon, one of every type of armor, etc. don't care much about the clothing or misc. crap, but i definitely like having choice in what i wear to kill stuff. one of the coolest mods from OB, IMHO, was Reznod's (?) mannequin mod. it allowed you to purchase mannequins to place in your humble (or not so) abode and display your armor and weaponry.

is this doable in FO3? and if so, could someone do that?

i did search the forum (albeit quickly) for "mannequins", no results. as such, i apologize if this request has been made already.

to all you modders out there, keep up the excellent work! it's you people who keep me interested in these already great games. kudos to all, great and small.

so let's get it done, custom armors or not!

Heh... they have a shipdate and a budget. And they know that modders have closer ties to the community, and can custom-build far better than they can with available resources and time... I say, it's better to have a release sooner, with less time taken for non-gameplay mechanics and extras, but releases a solid editing tool for the players to customize and fill out the world further. (And FO3 was released with enough to hardly be considered devoid of content.)

Archived