ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

The shaming of non-premium users needs to stop!

You are telling another user that they are crossing a line.

So I am asking again, do you have any official capacity here ?

If you use the script, you would be violating the Nexus Terms of Service. That's the line that would be crossed.

As I said, you're asking a very strange question.

Edited by fireundubh

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A one time payment of $2 gets rid of ads forever.

And I don't like Fandom because they are creating monopoly on gaming

then they partnered and were consumed by Fandom company which is advertisement company and now they are creating monopoly.

I don't like advertising /marketing companies creating this whole culture of annoyances in the name of working revenue. Bethesda MMO, their launcher and Fallout 76 is built on annoying features, and it is spreading now the same way like lootboxes before - why bother people all the time?

agreed with you...

Axonis- LOL yeah, I saw that too.

Here's the answer to that question tho, in the same page that was linked to before.

Fair Use Policy

Attempting to download files or otherwise record data offered through our services (including but not limited to the Nexus Mods website and the Nexus Mods API) in a fashion that drastically exceeds the expected average, through the use of software automation or otherwise, is prohibited without expressed permission. Users found in violation of this policy will have their account suspended.

as somebody who HAS been thru technical schooling, (and a former network administrator) I can, without a doubt, say that EVERY network has a record somewhere, of who has been doing what. In this case, a record of downloads. So if you think, oh, I can get away with this.... Somewhere, there IS a record that said person, has been doing it.

Now, in regards to the question of whether somebody is staff or not. A great many of us here, will make the friendly gesture of mentioning to another member, that they're breaking the rules, with the hopes that they will avoid getting themselves into trouble, and losing their ability to be here.

Just letting somebody know that they could get into trouble, doesn't mean that person is a member of the staff, trying to pretend to be a member of the staff, or anything of the kind. It just means "Hey, that could or will get you into trouble".

Edited by StormWolf01

I've been in contact with a member of the Nexus staff. They are aware of the script, as well as that it breaks certain elements of the site, and they have confirmed that using that script is a TOS violation. The consequences for using that script have not been disclosed to me, but if you are using that script, you should be aware that you are crossing a line.

Do you have any official capacity here ?

Do you?

Do I?

Functionally, the "download nag" page is obtrusive in nature. I really doubt the website devs thought for a second anyone would be happy about it. It's a tad annoying, but I'm not about to take up arms about it.

Speaking from experience, I've found most people - myself included - tend to express genuine concern in overly dramatic ways.

Functionally, the "download nag" page is obtrusive in nature. I really doubt the website devs thought for a second anyone would be happy about it. It's a tad annoying, but I'm not about to take up arms about it.

Speaking from experience, I've found most people - myself included - tend to express genuine concern in overly dramatic ways.

Agree 100%. And with customer service experience, I've found we stop paying full attention to the conversation as soon as the drama starts.

Just to let future posters know ;)

Axonis- LOL yeah, I saw that too.

Here's the answer to that question tho, in the same page that was linked to before.

Fair Use Policy

Attempting to download files or otherwise record data offered through our services (including but not limited to the Nexus Mods website and the Nexus Mods API) in a fashion that drastically exceeds the expected average, through the use of software automation or otherwise, is prohibited without expressed permission. Users found in violation of this policy will have their account suspended.

as somebody who HAS been thru technical schooling, (and a former network administrator) I can, without a doubt, say that EVERY network has a record somewhere, of who has been doing what. In this case, a record of downloads. So if you think, oh, I can get away with this.... Somewhere, there IS a record that said person, has been doing it.

Now, in regards to the question of whether somebody is staff or not. A great many of us here, will make the friendly gesture of mentioning to another member, that they're breaking the rules, with the hopes that they will avoid getting themselves into trouble, and losing their ability to be here.

Just letting somebody know that they could get into trouble, doesn't mean that person is a member of the staff, trying to pretend to be a member of the staff, or anything of the kind. It just means "Hey, that could or will get you into trouble".

Thank You. I am one of the individuals that do appreciate a heads up on such things...

I've been in contact with a member of the Nexus staff. They are aware of the script, as well as that it breaks certain elements of the site, and they have confirmed that using that script is a TOS violation. The consequences for using that script have not been disclosed to me, but if you are using that script, you should be aware that you are crossing a line.

Do you have any official capacity here ?

Do you?

Do I?

I don't. Unless Lord Orcus Mcdorkus counts as a title of note. If so, then that's neat! :dance: :yes: :no: maybe?

I think it's a sign of greed personally. I don't think the nexus was doing so bad for itself prior to this move. Like I said, make no mistake it's a commercial operation, get used to it. It's not just the nexus, it's everywhere. I know people are tired of having to fork out for everything (especially when they previously didn't have to) and it doesn't help. I paid for me lifetime membership at a time I had a lot of coin. I would most certainly be annoyed right now if I was being served with the same pop up ad (and yes it's an ad) about the membership, especially if I was a supporter (that's just non sense IMO).

I also have some concern the lifetime membership will disappear and become subscription. From a business angle, I get it, but no one will like it.

Vote with your wallet and your mods. That's all you can do.