Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that I don't come off as sounding ungrateful, Thank you to everyone who has posted ideas on this thread and to all those who researched history, the game and the mod resources for information that will be useful to this mod.

Ditto from me also.

Gamerbird...I will definately be asking for further help from you!!

Examinis..I have gotten a tenative outline of the first bit of the quest that I am typing up for you.

No there will still be multiple legion outpost being investigated. However I plan to have investigation and clues also in town and cities...sneaking in and out of castles seems like a fun thing to do also.

Yes Black Horse basement as main headquarters. 3 main placements of BH sited close to stables of 3 cities (you can pick if you like) then some 2-3 scattered and very small underground safehouses. There is the MOE mod that puts a vanpire hideout with like a trap door think in the ground....something like that.

Anyway...I will PM you with more details and the link to my typing today sometime. I am currently having a fight with my Oblivion game and am having to reinstall...also I have the flu so I am not loving life at present.

:)

Honey, you say the word and I'll get my whip! let me know if I can help you out!

So does this look like the armor you were into?

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo26/Rartsyfartsy/Armor1-1.jpg

I took the liberty of sketching in more equipment ideas... but as you can tell i didn't spend as much time on them as i did the look of the character... i didn't want to "copy", but i mixed up the naruto/star wars ideas.

So does this look like the armor you were into?

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo26/Rartsyfartsy/Armor1-1.jpg

I took the liberty of sketching in more equipment ideas... but as you can tell i didn't spend as much time on them as i did the look of the character.

wow and I do mean WOW! Very nicely done! It looks good to me, not too heavy and not very suspicious looking. It looks like something you could wear around Cyrodiil without drawing any attention to yourself. I like it. I bet it would look great in the game and in color.

there's already a mod very similar to the drawing already at nexus!

really? which one is that? cuz... I WANT IT! 0o0o0o!

Not bad! I think that unlike the dark brotherhood armor, the new armor should have a bounty or something similar. it should make it so that the imperial legion don't like or trust you. That would prevent the player from wearing it all the time. The armor should increase the players stealth abilities as well.

I thought this was going to be legal, as in under the government. If so, why would you have a bounty? It doesn'tmake much sense to me. :confused:

Anyway, on the subject of names, what about "Operation Horseshoe".

This forum has given me fits today, I had a lot of trouble logging in but hopefully it's fixed now. anyway

Wasder, to answer your question all you need to do is to look at Internal Affairs in the police department. If the player is going to be investigating imperial legion officers and soldiers, I don't think they would be very friendly toward them. That is why I suggested a "Bounty" not so that the player would get arrested but so that the legion would think less of them.

Jeezus. This must be the fastest growing topic on the nexus. come back on a day later and there's like, 3 more pages.

Wah? "I suggested a "Bounty" not so that the player would get arrested". You get arrested if you have a bounty! Or am I missing something here?

Jeezus. This must be the fastest growing topic on the nexus. come back on a day later and there's like, 3 more pages.

Wah? "I suggested a "Bounty" not so that the player would get arrested". You get arrested if you have a bounty! Or am I missing something here?

My apologies for referring to it as a "Bounty" notice the quotation marks. Allow me to clear this up and be more specific. I believe the armor should reduce the opinion that the legion soldiers and officers have of you without effecting the other NPC's in the game. It shouldn't effect your speachcraft to the point that you suffer when bartering with shop owners. Bartering is what Bethesda calls it in the game, it's not me saying bartering as the word bartering refers to trading items such as was done with tobacco in the early days of this nations development. Perhaps Bethesda should have called it purchasing since the exchange of money, in this case the gold septims, is used. I don't know but you could ask if you are interested. Having the armor effect the players speechcraft, effects all NPC. The armor should effect only the legion soldiers. If on the other hand the armor reduces the disposition of anyone in the imperial legion faction, then it would also have a negative effect on the officers who are on the players side or are going to be sending the player on missions. This is a problem that needs to be figured out. I just said "bounty" because it's easier than saying "The problem with the armor that needs to be figured out before we finish the mod"

My apologies for referring to it as a "Bounty" notice the quotation marks. Allow me to clear this up and be more specific. I believe the armor should reduce the opinion that the legion soldiers and officers have of you without effecting the other NPC's in the game. It shouldn't effect your speachcraft to the point that you suffer when bartering with shop owners. Bartering is what Bethesda calls it in the game, it's not me saying bartering as the word bartering refers to trading items such as was done with tobacco in the early days of this nations development. Perhaps Bethesda should have called it purchasing since the exchange of money, in this case the gold septims, is used. I don't know but you could ask if you are interested. Having the armor effect the players speechcraft, effects all NPC. The armor should effect only the legion soldiers. If on the other hand the armor reduces the disposition of anyone in the imperial legion faction, then it would also have a negative effect on the officers who are on the players side or are going to be sending the player on missions. This is a problem that needs to be figured out. I just said "bounty" because it's easier than saying "The problem with the armor that needs to be figured out before we finish the mod"

This would probably all involve player factions somehow and I am not sure it can be done. You would have to have multiple factions seperated out between yourself, the legion and the people in charge. I will look into it but ultimately your personality and speechcraft can override a great many factions and it would not be able to be tied to the armor itself. Factions are listed in the player or NPC sections of the CS and I know of no way to connect them to the armor. The only thing I know to do is enchant the armor to make your personality and speechcraft go so low that that people dont like you..but it would effect anyone while you were in the armor.

If you can figure out how to do it I would be happy to try it but I simply dont think there is a way.