Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

Wait you said something about a mask? mask as in mouth mask or face mask?

if mouth, here is a thing that might work.

http://www.mywiinews.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-4.jpg

Not bad! I think that unlike the dark brotherhood armor, the new armor should have a bounty or something similar. it should make it so that the imperial legion don't like or trust you. That would prevent the player from wearing it all the time. The armor should increase the players stealth abilities as well.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been alittle reading up on the issue of Espionage in the Ancient World.

In the Middle East, and later Byzantium, the large government bureaucracy established one of the earliest civilian intelligence agencies. Civilian agents of espionage culled information abut foreign militaries and economic practices from traders, merchants, sailors, and other businessmen. Outside of the Mediterranean region, other civilizations utilized and contributed to the art of espionage. That is the goal of this mod is to do just that, merchants, traders, sailors those are the covers that you need for this mod... so those are the people that can move around the empire the easiest. A Merchant guild would be the best public image for this mod... you could almost use any blacksmith, clothier, supplier any where....just an idea base more in reality.

Rome

No civilization in the ancient world relied more heavily on intelligence information, nor furthered the development of espionage more than ancient Rome. Over a millennium, the Romans created the largest empire of the ancient world, necessitating the governance of the most expansive infrastructure, military, and bureaucracy or the period. I have compared the Oblivion Empire to Rome many a time... So I do that again here..

Rome's most famous case of espionage and intrigue culminated in the assassination of Julius Caesar on March 15, 44 B.C. The exact details of the assassination conspiracy remain a mystery to historians, but records have established that the Roman intelligence community knew of the plot and even provided information to Caesar or his assistants providing the names of several conspirators. The information from the intelligence community was ignored. That right there can be Septim, this Community could have gave a strong warning about the Emperors assassination, to blades. The Blades chose to ignore that, and the main story takes over....

The Roman Empire possessed a fondness for the practice of political espionage. Spies engaged in both foreign and domestic political operations, gauging the political climate of the Empire and surrounding lands by eavesdropping in the Forum or in public market spaces. Several ancient accounts, especially those of the A.D. first century, mention the presence of a secret police force, the frumentarii. By the third century, Roman authors noted the pervasiveness and excessive censorship of the secret police forces, likening them to an authoritative force or an occupational army. Political espionage was not limited to the more contentious parts of the Roman periphery, but was also practiced in Rome itself by rival factions of the government. Some ministries even employed saboteurs. Concern about government rivalries necessitated the creation of the agentes in rebus, the first exclusive counterintelligence force. Meeting in markets, relating more and more to that core idea. The name frumentarii would not be bad choice, if you do like the Empire as Romes counterpart in this game.

Do you want the middle age Espionage isnt as grand as Rome. The Renaissance and Rome might be the good mix we need to really set this mod off.

Middle ages

After the collapse of the Roman Empire in Europe, espionage and intelligence activities were confined to wartime or local service. Warring factions under barbarian lords may have used strategic espionage to gauge the strength of their opposition or learn about enemy defenses, but no written records of such activities survive. The only considerable political force in Europe during the Dark Ages was the Catholic Church, but operations on the European periphery were confined to monastic outposts that struggled for survival.

The Renaissance

The Renaissance marked the eclipse of the Church dominated world. Europe transitioned to more localized, nationalistic models of government, with each nation or citystate employing its own intelligence force. As nations and city-states became wealthier and gained more power, espionage enjoyed a resurgence. Competition for dominance over trade and exploration of the New World changed the political climate of Europe, and forced regimes to adopt increasingly deft measures of protecting political, military, and economic interests. That Nationalistic Model of Government is the empire, Elder Council, mix with the element of imperial aura of Rome, that is core of the Septim Empire...

In the late 1500 or so the English royal court developed the best of Renaissance era spy network. Religious reforms and a schism with the Catholic Church under the rule of Henry VIII, prompted the creation of a large secret police force, commanded by the military, to locate and infiltrate Catholic loyalist cells that threatened the English monarchy. When his daughter, Elizabeth I, ascended to the throne, political tensions threatened her reign. Elizabeth chose to rebuild the flagging military to rebuff opposition from disloyal lords and their forces, but especially lobbied for the expansion of the Navy and intelligence services. The new navy dispatched foreign threats, defeating the Spanish Armada in 1558, while the intelligence services dispatched several conspiracy plots that threatened to topple Elizabeth I's reign. The Elizabethan court gained a reputation for the ruthlessness of its spies, several of whom double and triple crossed those with whom they dealt. The Elizabethan espionage system was highly effective, but its novel contribution to the development of espionage lay in its employment practices. Instead of relying on haphazard, ill-trained volunteers, or military men, the Elizabethan intelligence community employed linguists, scholars, authors, engineers, and scientists, relying on professional experts to seek and analyze intelligence information.

This is just loaded with idea to help this mod be all that it is meant to be. Now we have something to build off of, a focus point to all our idea on main target on how... I wish I did this sooner, I am a little late with knowledge that is need, my bad...

Wait you said something about a mask? mask as in mouth mask or face mask?

if mouth, here is a thing that might work.

http://www.mywiinews.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-4.jpg

Not bad! I think that unlike the dark brotherhood armor, the new armor should have a bounty or something similar. it should make it so that the imperial legion don't like or trust you. That would prevent the player from wearing it all the time. The armor should increase the players stealth abilities as well.

Agreed. Well... perhaps start the bounty at 0.

EDIT: well that or have a decrease speechcraft skill of 50 or 100 maybe...

Hah, nice screenshot, that's what I mean when I've said "A scarf" back when I was describing how I'd imagine the specops might look like.

Thanks :D but its not mine, I just googled it. :sweat: anyway, there is also a small-sized ripped up cape he's wearing, but it's barely noticeable in the pic...

I think we will need re-textured Black Horse Courier sings for the smaller offices outside the towns. I can build the offices as well as the escape tunnels and barracks. Lisnpuppy is working with the armor and putting together the storyline. Construction of this mod has already begun and help is needed with other aspects of the mod so please, if you are interested in helping PM either myself or Lisnpuppy and let us know what you can help with.

PLEASE DO THIS!

I will so download this when it is done!

It sounds excellent!

We will do our best..we can use any help we can get (also Aaron...this is the reason I need a new siggy!)

I will so gladly do that siggy for you when you gather the info you can for it!

I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment so I can do this easily with all the pictures.

Here is an example of one web banner I made for Dezi awhile ago and my skills have increased a lot since then.

http://e.imagehost.org/0406/f_TesModsUnlem_3361447.png

The women was cut out and but in that picture.

If there is any other way I can help then please ask!

By my best research, I can't find a mod that changes the BHC basement; since it's an interior cell, it shouldn't be affected by Open Cities, Better Cities, or any other mods like that. I was only able to find one mod that made changes to the IC sewers (an underground lair mod) and that only made changes to the sewers under the Bloodworks.

I think we've got a blank canvas to work with for installation of the HQ at the BHC basement.

Well, the Black Courier sounds rather rational (I was wondering what is their source of information :)) Anyways, why to have every city to have its own office, but to use the Black horse couriers as messengers? Why not call the personnel as "Black Horse Reporters", that would get new (encoded) "topics" for "black horse articles", in addition with their Black Courier, that would give you the mission and the location for the supplies recommended (undercover clothes, arrows, poisons, daggers, whatever you need to complete the mission)? I mean the couriers all all over the place already, there is no need for multiple headquarters, since one is easier to run and supervise.

As for the clothes, I came to think that why to have a forced uniform, when you can do more undercover stuff in undercover outfits that will make you "blend in" better? Actually I think there could be sort of an illusion spells, that doesn't require much magica or skill, but would "conjure" i.e. imperial legion armor or the city guard armors for brief moment, that you could avoid being noticed on plain sight? (the reason this would be illusion spell, instead of conjuration, is that the armor would not function as the original, but being only as an appearance). And for the people unable to use magic, let us have suitable scrolls for the purpose.

I am pro the utilities and advanced mission items, but the uniform to be used seems to cause rather big fuzz so it might be best to stick in something very, very simple. The dark brotherhood lightly modified?

<snipforspace> in addition with their Black Courier, that would give you the mission and the location for the supplies recommended (undercover clothes, arrows, poisons, daggers, whatever you need to complete the mission)? I mean the couriers all all over the place already, there is no need for multiple headquarters, since one is easier to run and supervise.

<snipforspace>

Ideally, a good intel network/SpecOps organization would have Safe Houses in differing locations, not all necessarily inside each city. First person I thought of as a host for outside Chorrol was Hlonditar... his shack is outside the city walls, he's not super-critical to any plots, and he fits the profile for a SpecOps sort... outdoorsy, good with a bow, and spends most of his days hanging out near the Great Oak observing the comings-&-goings within the Fighters' Guild and Mages' Guild.

Equipment drops would mostly be done via cache points (example similar to the Hollowed-out Stump in IC)... would just need scripting to either have the container spawn only when the mission is about to begin, or scripting for some NPC to visit the container to make the equipment drop.

That's what I thought exactly. One BHC office in IC, one in Anvil and one in Leyawin, the other towns could have small safe houses with one or two agents. one that's mostly outside like a hunter, that can simply vanish for prolonged periods of time and the second one on the inside, either in the guard or owning a shop or something similar.