Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

wouldnt crossbows need OBSE? which i never use ever ever ever?

Sheppard

I'm with Sheppard on this one, I have enough programs to try and figure out without adding OBSE. What is it for anyway Dezi? Is it really that good of a program? I have to admit, I know nothing about it and have never tried to learn.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheppard

I'm with Sheppard on this one, I have enough programs to try and figure out without adding OBSE. What is it for anyway Dezi? Is it really that good of a program? I have to admit, I know nothing about it and have never tried to learn.

OBSE is an awesome utility as far as what it lets you add to the game. As to how difficult it will be to script with it..I know not. But since I am starting from the ground up....who nows. FOr now lets see if we can move the bolt ends....but if we would want to use things like a knockout club or the climbable vine arrows like in thieves arsenal they are all dependent on OBSE. Many mods now have it.

So....we will have to see I guess.

Sheppard

OBSE is an awesome utility as far as what it lets you add to the game. As to how difficult it will be to script with it..I know not. But since I am starting from the ground up....who nows. FOr now lets see if we can move the bolt ends....but if we would want to use things like a knockout club or the climbable vine arrows like in thieves arsenal they are all dependent on OBSE. Many mods now have it.

So....we will have to see I guess.

pretty much what Dani said.Any mods put out by Montana and I all require OBSE,the animations alone call for it. Major mods need the extra depth for complicted scripting and this utility accomplishes that. My suggestion is to get comfortable with basics,then proceed onward. Don't overload yourself,its not worth it!

I'm not yet using OBSE dependant mods myself, but two of my soon-to-be mods allready have OBSE dependant scripts created by other members of the comunity made for them.

So I can't realy speak from experience, but from what I understand about the utility it's rather simple. You just need to launch the game using the OBSE launcher and that's basicaly it. As far as scripting using OBSE goes that should be fairly simple as well, you're just using a different script editor/compiler. The rest is identital to normal scripting, you just have more commands/functions at your disposal.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8103/picture1an2.th.png

There is a set of screenshots put together to show the Nif File.

Where you see the distinct lines cutting through, thats where a screen shot was merged.

Please help!

<Click on the image to load the ImageShack page. Then a page will load up with the image again, click it there and you can zoom in to see the text>

LOL. It seems that nobody seemed to pay attention to the drawing I made earlier with weapon suggestions, so I'll right down a list of ideas I had suggested.

1. Crossbow (with various different/functional arrows)

2. Caltrops (little mini spikes that can be dropped on the floor to hinder opponents and enable quick get aways)

3. A small blade (reversed) specifcally for assassination (please lets not copy Assassins Creed)

4. Throwing daggers (if possible)

5. Rope (for traps - trip rope, for climbing, choking, etc.)

NEW suggestions:

6. Knock-Out/Sleeping Gas - in the form of an alchemic bomb or trap

7. Smoke bombs

8. Trip Wire

9. Poison formula - encased in a very tiny container that you can place on a persons skin (thus absorbing it) and would then kill the opponent after a few hours. Doesn't cause any pain and is odorless. (probably be done by placing the item in the targets inventory in sneak mode). Or alternatively, placing the liquid in a drink or on food, thus making that food/drink, poisonous and this effect is much more potent than through skin absorption.

Spell suggestion:

Similar to the "enchanting Swords" spell which, when casts, gives the players weapon an elemental enchantment. However, the change would be that this spell, given the right conditions (sneaking, having drawn a specific small blade for assassination, and undetected), would enable u to kill an unaware opponent.

ON OBSE:

Well, if you don't know much about it, like someone had already mentioned, it basically expands the scripting capabilities of Mods. You just need to install it right, run the game with OBSE on it (which isn't difficult). The Construction set works the same way.

With OBSE, functions in scripting are easy to obtain if you do a "script commands" search on google and various threads. Because of the expansion of scripting for, say force abilites (for instance), has been severely reduced in the amount of lines due to the addition of the script "forceactoraway" which basically takes out the whole complexity of having to force an actor into rag doll mode, use the script to "push" the acter via the use of coordinates, etc. etc . It basically makes things easier if used properly, as well as expand on the options already given. OBSE works with non OBSE mods as well as OBSE mods (i usually keep mine under a hundred) and so far so good (with a few modifications of course because of conflicts). Another, rather invaluable use for it is that the scripting doesn't seem want to override other scripts (unless specifically the same thing), it seems to have an easier time running them as well. On learning OBSE, well, that isn't difficult as there are just additional commands (alot of them), its up to you how to use them (same as scripting before, but with much more). Note that some commands are rather esoterical and u have to be quite creative to reach results, but thats the same as the scripting before, only that u have quite a bit more to play with. Convert today! haha. :biggrin:

It's one thing to come up with ideas and it's something entirely different to implement them into the game. Most of your suggestions rondivu, would need new animations and scripts. Many of the ideas people have suggested on this thread call for doing something that has never been done or something that the game designers never meant the game to do (Soldiers marching in rank for example) They are excellent ideas but most of us working on this project are learning to mod as we go along and some of these ideas would take a programmer to accomplish. The small blade and the poison are something that could be done by copying the Langowine(sp) blade in the dark brotherhood quest or the quest where the player is required to switch Roderiks (sp) medicine.

I can say that the final quest will give the player the ability to transform into a flying dragon but will it be done? I very seriously doubt it.

It's one thing to come up with ideas and it's something entirely different to implement them into the game. Most of your suggestions rondivu, would need new animations and scripts. Many of the ideas people have suggested on this thread call for doing something that has never been done or something that the game designers never meant the game to do (Soldiers marching in rank for example) They are excellent ideas but most of us working on this project are learning to mod as we go along and some of these ideas would take a programmer to accomplish. The small blade and the poison are something that could be done by copying the Langowine(sp) blade in the dark brotherhood quest or the quest where the player is required to switch Roderiks (sp) medicine.

I can say that the final quest will give the player the ability to transform into a flying dragon but will it be done? I very seriously doubt it.

Most of these are possible with those who know how to script. I just wanted to see if they COULD be done. I've just been looking at and learned scripting and have seen people do amazing things... and I my intentions were to merely expand the credibility of OBSE scripting. Killing on sleep is quite possible using scripting alone without OBSE, just that perhaps converting to OBSE would expand those options (and possibly) shorten the coding, assuming one understands the language. Traps (via usage of spells and an activator) have been done before, and climable ropes also. I've seen this with many of the top mods on tesnexus, so thats why i suggested them. I do not intend to make the character uber or make the game unbalancing, just, change the gameplay/style with what we have. It is true 2 item (the crossbow) would require a new animation or just a different application of the old Bow animation. i also know that knife throwing is impossible (i think someone did manage to done though) but i thought i'd put it in, in hopes that someone had discovered a (better) way.

once we have a workable mod that all involved(those doing the actual work)are happy with. we can always add to and expand,we don't need a year long project. most begin to loose interest and RL things can also become obsticles.

personally,I'd like to see a basic good working mod that can be added to,and keep interest in it up,rather than running it into the ground with multiple quests,enormous weapos of every type and the all too present modern technical stuff,that keeps cropping up.

I' see many great ireas,but Lisn and exanimis need to set a workable platform.I think we have more than enough ideas.

Jump in get your feet wet,don't be shy!!!