What personal rules do you play?

slainia

I only take what I need from people I kill or meet. I do not use over powering mods. All mods that use must be "lore" friendly including weapons, armors, clothing and villages. And I do not rush when playing the game. I find that if rush the game I get bored with it very easily and don't play it for awhile.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

As for me, part of my behaviour is determined by me and part by my character's personality.

• Never (EVER) casting Fury on innocent people.

• Fast travel should be called "too lazy to explore". Only scenic carriages and horse riding.

• Always eat, sleep, drink. Independently of any mods, because every mod I've found so far is either unbalanced or poorly coded. Believe me, I've tested THEM ALL

• Followers have needs too. I know they don't, but I always give them food and water. Even though I cant force them to sleep, I like to think that they sleep when I do.

• Always give coins for those who beg (I wish I could give them a lot at once, instead of clicking over and over).

• The beliefs of ones should not be the law of others! I'm a Talos worshipper Stormcloak and I will not bow to an emperor who traded our gods for his crown! It doesn't mean I like Ulfric. Not at all. In fact I would love if Brunwulf Free-Winter was the leader of the rebellion.

• Always sell the worthless junk to the mean people. I love selling buckets and wooden bowls to Grelka (with the proper perk, of course). I always sell the jewellery to Madesi.

• Whenever there's a Thalmor encounter, I don't even start dialogue, I just yell "For Talos!" and introduce them to my sword and ice spike.

• When there's a Stormcloak vs. Imperial encounter however, I always cast a calm spell on all of them until I pass. I don't like to see sons and daughters of Skyrim murdering each other.

• Never pickpocket beggars, always pickpocket guards... And KILL NAZEEM.

• I never do "In My Time of Need" because I can never know who was really right.

• In the Abandoned Shack, I always kill the three. The Khajiit because I think he is the Fur Trader. The soldier because I don't like him, and the Old woman because it must suck living with her. Oh, and then, depending on the character, I kill Astrid.

I role-play to the extreme... hahahah....

1) I have those mods that make nights/dungeons/etc really dark... so, when I'm traveling I usually try to stop by a Inn or Hunter camp to wait for dawn.

2) My characters either don't do deals with any Daedric prices. Or work for only one.... I don't think Molag Bal would want a Mara's Champion to wield his mace, for example. If I become Mara's Champion, I'll use her sword as much as possible. (My main character doesn't worship any Daedra )

3) My main character doesn't hurt wild life. Even aggresive bears... she casts calm and let the creature live.

4) I never steal. (I've had a thief type before, but it's just not my style of gameplay)

5) I avoid killing humanoids.

Exceptions:

Necromancers; Briar hearts; Any other humanoid if it's mandatory for a quest and is for a good cause.

6) Every Daedra, Draughr, Ghost, Vampire, Hagraven, etc... must die. There's no pity for the wicked.

7) A bandit yield and asks for forgiveness? I'll let him live. Either cast calm and move away, or cast fear. (Keep in mind that my main character uses the rule 5... so, for her, the rule 7 is already inside... this is for other chars)

8 ) I put hotkey on my helmet... whenever I enter a friendly room (like Dragon's Reach) I remove my helmet and only walk. (Just like "Deathwarrior")

9) I don't carry much with me....

And the most critical rule for me.

I don't quick save..... ever (this is a new rule... and added SO MUCH MORE thrill) . That means that if I die, I'll return to the very beginning of that dungeon... this makes me really afraid of dying. (I've read about people who play REALLY hardcore, as in " You die... you delete your char" ... I bow to people who have the guts to play like that, but this is too much for me.... The mods I use make combat really deadly... sometimes a single arrow kills me.)

Edit:

The beliefs of ones should not be the law of others! I'm a Talos worshipper Stormcloak and I will not bow to an emperor who traded our gods for his crown! It doesn't mean I like Ulfric. Not at all. In fact I would love if Brunwulf Free-Winter was the leader of the rebellion.

That's really controversial... on one side we have the cosmopolitan Empire, allowing the Thalmor to forbid Talos Worshipping. On the other side we have xenophobics bigoted Stormcloaks, who want a freedom of worship, but at the same time prejudice against other races claiming that Skyrim belongs to the Nords. (You find many different races in Solitude...) (On Windhelm the first non-nordic person you find is being victim of prejudice by Nords)

Edited by Sucrilhus

Pretty much what you said slainia. I always try to be an honest and a 'fight on the side of right' kind of player. I never steal, always feel sorry for wandering hunters and merchants and buy from them. I have loads of outstanding missions where I'd have to do something 'bad' to complete them!

I role-play to the extreme... hahahah....

1) I have those mods that make nights/dungeons/etc really dark... so, when I'm traveling I usually try to stop by a Inn or Hunter camp to wait for dawn.

2) My characters either don't do deals with any Daedric prices. Or work for only one.... I don't think Molag Bal would want a Mara's Champion to wield his mace, for example. If I become Mara's Champion, I'll use her sword as much as possible. (My main character doesn't worship any Daedra )

3) My main character doesn't hurt wild life. Even aggresive bears... she casts calm and let the creature live.

4) I never steal. (I've had a thief type before, but it's just not my style of gameplay)

5) I avoid killing humanoids.

Exceptions:

Necromancers; Briar hearts; Any other humanoid if it's mandatory for a quest and is for a good cause.

6) Every Daedra, Draughr, Ghost, Vampire, Hagraven, etc... must die. There's no pity for the wicked.

7) A bandit yield and asks for forgiveness? I'll let him live. Either cast calm and move away, or cast fear. (Keep in mind that my main character uses the rule 5... so, for her, the rule 7 is already inside... this is for other chars)

8 ) I put hotkey on my helmet... whenever I enter a friendly room (like Dragon's Reach) I remove my helmet and only walk. (Just like "Deathwarrior")

9) I don't carry much with me....

And the most critical rule for me.

I don't quick save..... ever (this is a new rule... and added SO MUCH MORE thrill) . That means that if I die, I'll return to the very beginning of that dungeon... this makes me really afraid of dying. (I've read about people who play REALLY hardcore, as in " You die... you delete your char" ... I bow to people who have the guts to play like that, but this is too much for me.... The mods I use make combat really deadly... sometimes a single arrow kills me.)

Edit:

The beliefs of ones should not be the law of others! I'm a Talos worshipper Stormcloak and I will not bow to an emperor who traded our gods for his crown! It doesn't mean I like Ulfric. Not at all. In fact I would love if Brunwulf Free-Winter was the leader of the rebellion.

That's really controversial... on one side we have the cosmopolitan Empire, allowing the Thalmor to forbid Talos Worshipping. On the other side we have xenophobics bigoted Stormcloaks, who want a freedom of worship, but at the same time prejudice against other races claiming that Skyrim belongs to the Nords. (You find many different races in Solitude...) (On Windhelm the first non-nordic person you find is being victim of prejudice by Nords)

In either case, beastkin are not allowed in big cities, so my Khajiit assassin really has no personal stake in the war, unless it's to gain the Empire's trust in order to "get close" to the Emperor like in Hero with Jet Li. Also, I believe the dunmer mercenary in Dragonborn calls the Empire "heartless bastards" if you take him to Solitude.

I see your point, but that's why I mentioned I specially don't like Ulfric, this prejudice comes from him. In my mind, my character doesn't ever yell "Skyrim belongs to the nords!", instead he yells "The Empire no longer deserves Skyrim!". I have no prejudice for any other races whatsoever, in fact, I generally play an Altmer and like to think he came to Skyrim to fight for the Stormcloaks because he worshipped Talos. The problem of being a Stormcloak is exactly the stereotype they carry.http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/rolleyes.gif

P.S.: My hatred is really for the Thalmor , The Empire is just an obstacle in the way, since they won't join us against the Thalmor, instead, fighting us, we will remove them from the way. As simple as that. :)

In either case, beastkin are not allowed in big cities, so my Khajiit assassin really has no personal stake in the war, unless it's to gain the Empire's trust in order to "get close" to the Emperor like in Hero with Jet Li. Also, I believe the dunmer mercenary in Dragonborn calls the Empire "heartless bastards" if you take him to Solitude.

That's something I never really understood....

There's so much racism against Khajiits. I literally don't remember seing a single Khahiit in a city... but Argonians can be seen... Like the Bee and Barb Owner in Riften and the Criminal over Solitude.

Khajiits are by far the most outcast race in Skyrim, in my opinion.

I like your role-playing plot. Joining the empire without any affection to their believes.

I see your point, but that's why I mentioned I specially don't like Ulfric, this prejudice comes from him. In my mind, my character doesn't ever yell "Skyrim belongs to the nords!", instead he yells "The Empire no longer deserves Skyrim!". I have no prejudice for any other races whatsoever, in fact, I generally play an Altmer and like to think he came to Skyrim to fight for the Stormcloaks because he worshipped Talos. The problem of being a Stormcloak is exactly the stereotype they carry.http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/rolleyes.gifP.S.: My hatred is really for the Thalmor , The Empire is just an obstacle in the way, since they won't join us against the Thalmor, instead, fighting us, we will remove them from the way. As simple as that. :)

I think it's pretty funny when I'm doing some quest with Lydia and she starts screaming " Skyrim belongs to the nords!" .... I feel the need to poke her and say... " er... Lydia... you remember that I, your Thane, am a Breton, right? Could you, please.... stop saying that?"

PS: An Altmer that worship Talos and hates the Thalmor is a movie material. Maybe you had close Nordic friends during the youth? :biggrin:

Edited by Sucrilhus

I personally despise the Thalmor. I go out of my way to remove them from the lands of Skyrim. Their insults and demeaning vocalization just irritate me to no end in the game. When an opportunity arises, I take the war to them. Even to their home base, if you know what that is. I make them the dog. I try and get them just before death, when they are bowed down begging for mercy before I honor their plea and mercifully allow them to pass into forever sparkly land.

Other then that, I don't like the snotty nobles the insult me in passing on the roads. I also tend to not like the Imperials as they bow down to the Thalmor. Even under open beratement and insults, they still opt to not push this pestilence from their lands. I dislike the Stormcloaks because of their elite racial hatred. I really like the Stendar Vigilants. They stand for a real cause. Its black and white. Its not racially motivated or directed by the course of a civil war. They are true to their cause and make no effort to go outside their bounds. Its too bad they were not expounded on more thoroughly. The game has more political reaching then at first glance. It really makes you judge yourself. IF you think about actions you do in the game and the consequences it would really bring.

A really great topic and by the replies, my thoughts at least about the topic are spot on. :)