SKSE problem?

JBear61

You wonder why so many people HATE steam with a murderous, blistering passion :down: :devil: :verymad: .....my game auto-updated on me just the other day, and now:

SKSE v.1.05.11 is "too old" and no longer of any use, yet when SKSE v.1.06.03 is installed: instant CTD!

AAARRRGH! :down: :wallbash:

I DO NOT use "Script Dragon" at all, (and probably never will) so that is not the problem for me.

I use Elys' "mem-info" mod, but not the "community uncapper".

When SKSE is removed and the stock vanilla launcher is used, everything appears fine. :thumbsup:

I suppose I must very patiently wait :whistling: for another SKSE update, and in the meantime, I cannot use ANY SKSE-dependant mods! :wallbash: :verymad:

It would seem as though I'm not the only one having this massively irritating issue......

Edited by AmadanBezerk

Steam forced its update on me about 45 minutes ago because I was stupid and went to the Steam site....

Now my game will not load at all..

CTD instantly after the update on Steam when I tried to play on line.

CTD instantly while trying to load the game in Offline mode

CTD instantly after updating and installing SKSE fifteen minutes ago

CTD instantly after uninstalling SKSE and mods that require SKSE

By instant CTD I mean -- The intro screen comes up with the play>data files>options>help>quitt menu. when I select play, the logo screen starts then about 2 seconds later BOOM CTD

I cannot access the game at all, no matter what method I use to start it with.

I will keep trying, but anyone that can help, please do....

I HATE STEAM!!!

Edited by leonbrass

@Georgiegril - thanks for the info.... I "think" the update esm was still there, because it showed in the load, however it may have been corrupted. Edit: ah ha, re-read your info - not the games uppdate esm but another mod that used an old version of it. Ok, got it. Will see which one as I begin adding mods again.

I can now load and start a game. what I did (to help others perhaps)

1. completely uninstalled all mods, and skse.

2. cleaned out the entire skyrim>data directory (carefully! easy to delete the wrong things) so that only Skyrim vanilla files were left - DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING! - sorry for shouting but I hope you understand why.

3. logged in to Steam in full online mode, and allowed auto update

4. used Steam's verify and cache clean and file optimization options

5. Win. Sort of... my game is now totally vanilla. but it works.

Now all I have to do is re-install all my mods one at a time. thankfully I only had around 120

Edited by leonbrass