Skyrim Dragonborn

daventry

Sorry that I care more about the series than you.

So if we like the direction Bethesda is taking Elder Scrolls, we suddenly 'don't care' about the series?

Dude, you're one of the people that will hate Bethesda no matter what they do with the series, they could add spears and throwing weapons and you'd probably hate those, too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if we like the direction Bethesda is taking Elder Scrolls, we suddenly 'don't care' about the series?

Dude, you're one of the people that will hate Bethesda no matter what they do with the series, they could add spears and throwing weapons and you'd probably hate those, too.

Not really, know more about everything before replying next time.

Actually its true. I can see it now: 'Should have added Spell creation instead'

Actually its true. I can see it now: 'Should have added Spell creation instead'

Not really. When you assume, you look like an ass, while I point and laugh. Just because you get owned in other threads, doesnt mean you have to come over and troll this one.

Edited by Enatiomorph

Not really. When you assume, you look like an ass, while I point and laugh. Just because you get owned in other threads, doesnt mean you have to come over and troll this one.

I just enjoy poking fun at serious people. Especially those who act superior and insult everyone continually.

You must spend a great deal of time pointing at yourself then, as your many assumptions are not part of public knowlege. Case and point...

The notion that you somehow know how much someone cares about the series, and that it is in fact less than you, based soley on the fact that they dissagree with your assessment, is arrogant and absurd. You either assume that you care more than anyone (untestable, and thus undefendable) or that anyone remotely accepting of change can't care about the fundimental pillars of whatever the arguement is about (conservatism at its finest). Both are equally false assumptions which are far more presumptious the statement that you like nothing, since there is ample evidence on this forum to support that.

I too care about the series. I too am dissmayed by some of the choices they have taken over the years, such as the simplification of equipment (I do miss the variety of aesthetics from Daggerfall, and my missmatched Bonemould from Morrowind) and the more recent decimation of the Magic system. However, many of the changes have served to open the game to a much wider audience, increasing the bugetary capabilities of Bethesda, which is a good thing. They have also been adventurous in exploring new gameplay dynamics, such as the end of 'missing' for no reason, and the Perk system (which stands the potential or renewing the weight of variety we geezers remember from yester-year). Again, sometimes it works (Perks) sometimes it doesn (Oblivion's putty-faces). Thats the risk one takes with change.

The internal logic by which the game-world functions, and the nature of the overarching Elder Scrolls story remains rooted in the same concepts and dynamics which were put in place in Daggerfall (which, lets be honest, is when the universe really solidified) so lore-based complaints are mostly irrelivent...

The point is, you can have a stagnant story with stagnant gameplay, a living story with stagnant gameplay, or a living story with evolving gameplay. Bethesda (rightly, IMO) has opted for the third option, keeping the story going and at the same time always trying to make the gameplay more enjoyable, immersive and, most importantly (from Bethesda's standpoint, and to a secondary extend the communities) easy to learn. They have made some mistakes, no one in their right mind would deny that. However, that doesn't warrent your (Enatiomorph) unilateral condemnation of everything, nor your total lack of constructive criticism, poor arguementation structure, insults or overall cynicism. You act like a bitter old man incapable of dealing with the slightest change.

As a change of pace, instead of being insulting and offering absolutely nothing to the discussion, why not tell us WHY flying around on Dragons would be lame, and for "twitched COD kiddies"? As an additional challenge, why not judge it based on its own merrits, rather than falling back on "It should have been X" rhetoric?

You must spend a great deal of time pointing at yourself then, as your many assumptions are not part of public knowlege. Case and point...

The notion that you somehow know how much someone cares about the series, and that it is in fact less than you, based soley on the fact that they dissagree with your assessment, is arrogant and absurd. You either assume that you care more than anyone (untestable, and thus undefendable) or that anyone remotely accepting of change can't care about the fundimental pillars of whatever the arguement is about (conservatism at its finest). Both are equally false assumptions which are far more presumptious the statement that you like nothing, since there is ample evidence on this forum to support that.

The internal logic by which the game-world functions, and the nature of the overarching Elder Scrolls story remains rooted in the same concepts and dynamics which were put in place in Daggerfall (which, lets be honest, is when the universe really solidified) so lore-based complaints are mostly irrelivent...

The point is, you can have a stagnant story with stagnant gameplay, a living story with stagnant gameplay, or a living story with evolving gameplay. Bethesda (rightly, IMO) has opted for the third option, keeping the story going and at the same time always trying to make the gameplay more enjoyable, immersive and, most importantly (from Bethesda's standpoint, and to a secondary extend the communities) easy to learn. They have made some mistakes, no one in their right mind would deny that. However, that doesn't warrent your (Enatiomorph) unilateral condemnation of everything, nor your total lack of constructive criticism, poor arguementation structure, insults or overall cynicism. You act like a bitter old man incapable of dealing with the slightest change.

As a change of pace, instead of being insulting and offering absolutely nothing to the discussion, why not tell us WHY flying around on Dragons would be lame, and for "twitched COD kiddies"? As an additional challenge, why not judge it based on its own merrits, rather than falling back on "It should have been X" rhetoric?

This post is awesome. So many points worth reading, on so many levels. I think the evolving gameplay is something all of us are guilty of resenting, now and then, simply because of the fun we *remember* having while playing with previous iterations of the game despite their faults. Well said.

Cool story. Don't like my opinions, dont read them. Get over it.

If your derogetory, information-free one liners constitute "opinions", then we are really in a sorry state. Fact is, you don't present any actual information, and offer nothing but bile to conversations. I for one will never 'get over' poor arguementation, because it diminishes us all. You, however, may want to get over yourself, and actually try having a discussion sometime. May do you some good.