Skyrim Dragonborn

daventry

Also, dat dragon in Apocrypha looks badass.

A bit like those flying dragon-like things in LOTR.

You are thinking the Felbeasts, ridden by the Nazgul. Considering the fact that Skyrim Dragons are, in fact, Wyverns (they lack forelegs) then the design of the aforementioned Dragon makes it almost identicle to a Felbeast.

Anywho...So far, it looks most interesting. There are some indications we may be visiting places other than just Solsthiem, as there seems to be a lot of ash. Based on the information from Lord of Souls, even shortly after the Red Year there wasn't much in the way of ash in Solsthiem, so we could also be seeing isolated parts of Morrowind. Or the Dunmer could just be importing it to make it seem more like home.

I for one am certianly excited, as Morrowind was the most creative TES game, environmentally and atmosphericly, and i would love to see that again. The absolutely beautiful bug-shell homes in the trailer already bring back such memories, and the inclusion of Bone Mould armour makes my modding live that much easier.

My biggest question is... Have Mind Flayers invated Tamriel? The fat floating squid thing reminds me a bit of an Ascended Sleeper, but the tall one in the fountain... Hmmm...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to everyone who thinks "Dragon mount" is simply new fast travel, just look the video and try to pay attention.

I don't believe Bethesda would release pre-pathed fly paths like that.

It would be weird, and harder than actually flying dragons.

Also, you can see High Hrotgar behind the flying dragon (With dragonborn riding it), so I'd believe you can actually fly in skyrim too.

They already said that the dragon riding is going to be in its own cut off area.

Regardless though, dragon riding is lame.

Edited by Enatiomorph

to everyone who thinks "Dragon mount" is simply new fast travel, just look the video and try to pay attention.

Also, you can see High Hrotgar behind the flying dragon (With dragonborn riding it), so I'd believe you can actually fly in skyrim too.

They already said that the dragon riding is going to be in its own cut off area.

Regardless though, dragon riding is AWESOME!

Fixed.

Edited by InuyashaFE

Fixed.

Only for the twitched COD kiddies.

*snip*

I'd like to see your explination for how that's even remotely valid. I've never, in my life, played a COD, Battlefield or Medal of Honour game, and i would love to ride dragons about.

You know... despit the fact that it's clear to anyone with even a basic knowlege of how the game is put together that it won't be doable in Skyrim proper, because of the extra-zone mechanic they use for the major cities.

Edited by Lachdonin

Doubt dragon riding will be in Skyrim proper myself because of the extra-zone issues. It would make sense if it was limited to Solstheim though since it could be the equivalent of the Dragon mount's territory and the land could be designed from the ground up as completely open. I wish I could say I was surprised that spears are rumored to be part of this DLC but after 1.6's horse combat and Dawnguard's crossbows, I wouldn't be surprised if they dump spell making, weapon throwing or levitation in later updates/DLCs.

Fixed.

OMG this guy actually likes the game! He must be a COD fan if he doesn't hate the game like the rest of the aforementioned game's fanbase! :O