Ideas for future DLC's/Updates

Solus200

As amazing as the new trailer for Dragonborn DLC is (and it IS amazing!) What I really want to see are some new combat mechanics, such as legit counter attacks (not instant death, but animated to look awesome, and add weight to the combat) grapples and throws (shouldn't be TOO hard, programatically speaking, though the animations could get really wonky.) and mini games, such as poker or dice games, and other such ways to pass time in the game besides questing. Also, more reasons to have, and ways to interact with a house. Anyone else agree or have any problems with these ideas, or additional ideas?

As amazing as the new trailer for Dragonborn DLC is (and it IS amazing!) What I really want to see are some new combat mechanics, such as legit counter attacks (not instant death, but animated to look awesome, and add weight to the combat) grapples and throws (shouldn't be TOO hard, programatically speaking, though the animations could get really wonky.) and mini games, such as poker or dice games, and other such ways to pass time in the game besides questing. Also, more reasons to have, and ways to interact with a house. Anyone else agree or have any problems with these ideas, or additional ideas?

I want parrying! Dark souls style satisfying parries and back stabs :D

A massive questline. Akavir would be awesome, like another poster said, or a foray back into Vvardenfell to see how things are 200 years later. I dunno, something to DO with all these awesome mechanics and stuff we have, built-in or modded. Some way to explore a bit of Tamriel. Maybe a questline where we can choose whether we want to be the good guy or the bad guy.

Failing that, fleshing out some factions would be nice as well. Just my 2c.

I for one think they should patch some quests into the vanilla game. nothing too big just some side quests. getting to choose a voice and a pitch for that voice would be great. It could be kind of like Saints Row the third. you dont reference your name much so it could work. As much as i would love to see Akavir, Bethesda wouldn't do it because Elder scrolls has always taken place in tamriel for the most part. i want to see more weapon types as well, with there own animations, like Dawnguard had the Crossbow and dragon born will have spears.

I'd like to see Bethesda make a few cheap DLCs that add new lore-friendly races into the game. The issue is that the NPCs would need new dialogue is some cases, which isn't done with modders right now. For example, if a Snow Elf race were add (as there are about three mods for this race) and you were playing though Dawnguard, shouldn't that have significant changes in the dialogue? Maybe some guard comments about how you look like an albino elf or something as well.

However, I think it would be better is Bethesda focused a few development cycles on releasing massive patches to the current game. The bugs in Skyrim are numerous and if they just sat down and worked on that for a while, we might have a much more stable game. They could start with looking at the work done with the Unofficial Patches and then look at the various wikis for more bugs. I really think that if they put as much effort into it as they did with the DLCs, they could have a stable, working game without the need for all the mods that fix problems.