ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vortex sez it's loaded and it's not.

Soothsayerman

Fallout 4, Homemaker 1.72

Have downloaded and uninstalled reinstalled, rebooted, restarted game with it uninstalled, restarted game with it installed. Completely deleted it and reinstalled. Deleted game and reinstalled.

Cannot get mod to load into game yet vortex says it's loaded.

Any ideas?

I may go into the registry and clear all the vortex keys but i'm not sure of the names of the keys i need to get rid of.

oh the joy

Why in the world would you need, or want to do that?

I'm going to uninstall everything and I want a clean install. Registry keys hang around even with an uninstall many times. We'll see. Then I will reinstall the game and vortex and install one mod at a time.

I might try reinstalling homemaker starting with ver 1.5 and work my way forward from there after I do all that. I'm a freak. lol.

Guest deleted34304850

By doing that, all you will be doing is wasting your time.

Do you have any other mods installed, and are they working as they should be? also, reading your opening post, i wonder if you've wrecked your in-game menu because i'm willing to bet you never uninstalled it via the uninstall item you craft at the chemical workbench. you may need to download and install SMM and run the menu rescue to see if your game menu returns to normal.

Or, - rather than going off and messing with the registry, simply delete your data folder, have steam verify your files, start the game again - this will be totally fresh - and will save you a lot of time. There is no requirement whatsoever for you to go off and arse about with the registry. there is nothing in the registry for you that can fix your issue.

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

By doing that, all you will be doing is wasting your time.

Do you have any other mods installed, and are they working as they should be? also, reading your opening post, i wonder if you've wrecked your in-game menu because i'm willing to bet you never uninstalled it via the uninstall item you craft at the chemical workbench. you may need to download and install SMM and run the menu rescue to see if your game menu returns to normal.

Or, - rather than going off and messing with the registry, simply delete your data folder, have steam verify your files, start the game again - this will be totally fresh - and will save you a lot of time. There is no requirement whatsoever for you to go off and arse about with the registry. there is nothing in the registry for you that can fix your issue.

Why didn't you say this earlier? Why were you holding out on me man!! Lol,

I think you're right. I forgot you could mess up the in game menu. I shall try it. Thanks for the info.

I will set up a shrine to you in the game.

Guest deleted34304850

something to do with it being christmas day and not really having time. also because it was christmas, i gave you a gift. normally i'd just read a post, laugh and move on.

happy festivus

Ah well that did not work either.

Brand new hard drive, brand new installation of Steam, brand new installation of Fallout4. I have updated microsoft .net etc.,

What is interesting is that vortex will say it is installed when the installation directory is completely empty. All this stuff is being installed on the C:\ drive.

Weird.