Workshop mode drops out when I move to certain areas

mpanga1

Jimmy - I can't find it again. GRRRRRR!! But I remember reading somewhere, that version .138 had bumped the container information up to 250, and then .162 doubled it, for 500 as for how many entries the game was allowing for esl files. Gah. I'm pretty sure it was a reddit post, but my searches aren't coming up with it! :(

Jimmy - I can't find it again. GRRRRRR!! But I remember reading somewhere, that version .138 had bumped the container information up to 250, and then .162 doubled it, for 500 as for how many entries the game was allowing for esl files. Gah. I'm pretty sure it was a reddit post, but my searches aren't coming up with it! :sad:

There's 2048 formID addresses, so technically you could add that amount of esl plugs before you'd start overwriting the first ones. Of course you'd get into trouble before you reach that number. A lower limit could have been added somehow to prevent folks from storming the Bethnet site because the game's engine migrated to South-East Timbuktu.

I think the problem has cured itself! Well maybe I helped a bit by moving some of the mods, as I noticed that some could be put together for neatness and to group similar mods (I kept a note of which ones I moved just in case I might later have to move them back). Anyway I've just been playing the game and had no problems with the workshop mode.

I see from your load list that you're using quite a few outdated mods. And you're using a lot of DD_Productions mods while he has an all in one that has just the one plugin. Plus, you're using quite a few mods I avoided because they caused trouble for me. Nothing wrong with the mods themselves, just that they didn't agree with my set of mods overall. I'm talking about Northland Diggers and the OCDecorater stuff.

I think the problem has cured itself! Well maybe I helped a bit by moving some of the mods, as I noticed that some could be put together for neatness and to group similar mods (I kept a note of which ones I moved just in case I might later have to move them back). Anyway I've just been playing the game and had no problems with the workshop mode.

I see from your load list that you're using quite a few outdated mods. And you're using a lot of DD_Productions mods while he has an all in one that has just the one plugin. Plus, you're using quite a few mods I avoided because they caused trouble for me. Nothing wrong with the mods themselves, just that they didn't agree with my set of mods overall. I'm talking about Northland Diggers and the OCDecorater stuff.

Thanks Jimmy, I'll check out the all in one DD_Productions plugin. It will at least reduce the number of mods on my list! As for the outdated ones, they all appear to be still working fine at the moment - I have done a lot of building, so I suspect removing them might cause problems (stuff going missing etc.). Because of this I'll stick with them until I HAVE to remove them... and then I'll most likely have to start another new game.

I have had a bonus. The game is running properly now and I've discovered previous run throughs that I had to give up on because of problems now also work properly, so I've been carrying on with one where I'm on about level 125. I've been revisiting all my settlements and I had forgotten just how much building I had done in that run through!

Anyway thank you both for your help. I have made notes for future reference. Is Xedit the same as FO4Edit? I have that.