New NMM version and site fixes

Dark0ne

I'm also an MO user. NMM is a great, simple mod manager that should be pretty accessible to most new modders; but if you can get it working and you understand it, MO is a very powerful tool. I hope things can start settling down soon so that 3rd party mod managers will be able to function properly again lol.

Anyway, good work Nexus Team, and thanks for keeping us posted :) Looking forward to some smooth sailings on the SSS Nexus :D

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I don't see and maybe I missed it, but what is the option for those Premium members like myself that do not want to use NMM as a program to do anything with the mods they download?

Because the error comes for me when I try to download manually from a Premium server, and not having NMM installed on my machine.

Or can I just no longer do everything manually?

I just tried to download to check and got the /Error?err=file_hidden error right now, to make sure.

So is NMM a requirement to use Premium Servers?

I do not think there is any such requirement. I am a premium member and all my downloads, including 4 this past 7 days, are manual. I think the errors you got, and that I had off and on on the weekend, were just the result of the server overload for the causes mentioned above.

i have been geting password expired when i log into nmm. i type in the same password i used when installing nmm, the nis opens the mod list. why would it say 'expired'. that was supposed, according to install instructions, to be a one-time user and pw setup.

First thanks again Dark One for the update..So all the comments some are confusing,can you verify..I am a lifetime premium user, for I love this place..since Morrowind..

However I use TES Mod manager that's here on the Nexus works great, for me..

I simply do not want to un-install all my Oblivion mods, to use NMM..

Will the new things implemented..effect me using TES MM, for it does Dl the files, once you DL the mod, when you click create, add the archive, it DL's the files directly from here and creates a omod at press of a button..

Will that still be OK with the new implementations..

Thanks mate, and keep up the great work..

Here's one left over bug, not allowing me to comment it says I am not logged in but I am..that happens allot, lets try this again..

it would be nice to see a way to sort mods (for example, clicking the install date column header) other than just by name. Also, searching for mods would be really nice too since sometimes I forget what a mod is called and looking through hundreds of mod files takes a while. I usually just end up searching on the nexus site for what the mod might be called, find out the name and then go back to NMM. Having a built-in search function would be pretty convenient.