⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

New NMM version and site fixes

Dark0ne

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Thank You so very much for posting this update for sure. :)

One thing I don't see and maybe I missed it, but what is the option for those Premium members like myself that do not want to use NMM as a program to do anything with the mods they download?

I am sure it is a Great Program and all of that, but I don't want to use it, I like installing mod mods and managing them with out the use of any other program except FOMM 0.13.21, that is just fine for me and I don't want to go any further than that.

So reading this:

For Premium Members, in the same section you’ll find two new download options. The “Premium only” option will force NMM to always attempt to try and download from the Premium Only file servers, which should give you better speeds as there are far less people downloading from them.

Is that is what is causing the errors for myself and others?

That do not want to use NMM, when the site checks and tries to download, and finds that I am not using NMM and then gives me the error, because that program is not present for it to use to ensure I am using the fastest server?

Because the error comes for me when I try to download manually from a Premium server, and not having NMM installed on my machine.

Or can I just no longer do everything manually?

I just tried to download to check and got the /Error?err=file_hidden error right now, to make sure.

So is NMM a requirement to use Premium Servers?

Either way, Than You Very Much for posting the acknowledgement of the problems, because that is the first step in fixing them for sure. :)

Edited by Ogramirad

I uninstalled the old NMM, downloaded and am in the process of trying to install the new one from the installer executable. It has searched my drives and found Oblivion, Skyrim and Grimrock, but the other 5 games I don't have installed, and the installer won't give me the 'OK' button to continue the installation. I sure hope I'm not having a 'derp' moment here, but I can't see any way to continue.

Edit: Yep, I was having a 'derp' moment -- apparently you have to tick the ones it found. <derp!>

Edited by Hickory

THANK YOU for this update, and for all of your diligence and dedication.

Looking forward to putting these dark times behind us. The constant log in log out of NMM was annoying, but "deal-with-able." Not being able to download the latest Skyrim Monster Mod put me into a perpetual state of sadness :((((

Cheers to bigger and better things to come.