New NMM version and site fixes

Dark0ne

since the issues with NMM two days ago, even after the 0.33.1 update, I still get incomplete and File does not exist errors when trying to download my mods. I have only been able to manually download and for some reason NMM keeps wanting to download from Salt lake USA when I live in sweden! It should be downloading from UK by default if you are in EU!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the same issues as Bjornheim, mainly incomplete. And for the love of god, please make the categories such as 'file version' and 'author' actually more useful. No point having them clickable when they actually do nothing. I'd really like to be able to click on them and get all the files that need updates to be together or the authors in alphabetical order etc.... I'm shocked this wasn't there in the first place >_> Edited by Metal-Gear-REX

@Dark0ne. One thing I really miss in NMM (MO doesn't have it either) is the following. Suppose a mod has 1 main file, two optional files and one update files. Many mods have multiple files. ATM NMM is only able to check one version number. Hence suppose the versionnumber of the modpage is the same as the version number of the update files, the main file and the two optional files have a warning sign (mod is outdated).

Have the webservices functionality (now or in the future) which enables NMM to check individual version numbers of files belonging to a mod?

Last: I really hope you are giving other mod managers at least the change to adapt/change there programs so they work with the new WS by providing information about it when they contact you. Skyrim and the Nexus is all about allowing the enduser to chose mods which they like so can experience Skyrim as to like it. I hope the end user also continues to have the same choice when it comes to mod manager they are using or prefer. One size doesn't fill all...

Edited by wolverine2710

Just wanted to say guys;

You're correct on ALL accounts. As one of the people who use NMM as my sole manager now, I appreciate your work immensely.

As such I have been terribly lax in heading to the forum dedicated to such when something weird occurs; or even when I notice an outright error.. ( usually in the "new mod version available" catagory )

I simply skip by it figuring it's a mod-author error or some-such...forgetting entirely I am supposed to be beta testing this program, not blithely using it.. ("I don't know what blithely means, but ima get some coffee..you want some coffee?")

Thank you very very much for your work thus far, & I'll try & do a better job on my end!

Jack Burton (ME!)