Static non-settler guards

SkeleTheBerserk

Hello hello.

I'd really want to add a lot of guards to my settlements who don't use up settler room. Basically idea would be to have mannequin style humans in different weapon poses you could add gear/weapons to.
Personally I suck at modding, and every time I try to do it I end up breaking something I shouldn't break near my computer table, so figured asking here would be the best option.

Let me know if you're willing to take up this task. Thank you in advance.

Edit: The guards don't actually have to do anything, just stand there. It's for immersion and not gameplay.

This exists in some fashion already here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21928

They add defense rating, you can place them anywhere as they are a settlement object and they don't take a settler slot. Beauty of it is they come with their own power armor if you so choose. There's guards for each faction. I really like this mod. They are also faction based, so BoS guards will comment just like the ones on the Prydwen and such.

Edited by AeonsLegend

They do count towards settlers, also they move and can leave their positions. As the title says, I'm looking for static guards. They don't even have to actually fight, I'm just wanting to add them to towers and walls to make the settlement look more busy. Also you can't change the armor/weapons on those guys.

They do count towards settlers, also they move and can leave their positions. As the title says, I'm looking for static guards. They don't even have to actually fight, I'm just wanting to add them to towers and walls to make the settlement look more busy. Also you can't change the armor/weapons on those guys.

Huh? they definitely don't count as settlers. Settler count does not change when placing one of them and you can change their invenory. I've done this multiple times. There have been changes to this mod over the course of time. Also they stay on their spot unless there's an attack and then move back to that spot afterwards.

From what I remember using the mod a year ago or so, they did count towards settlers and their armor couldn't be changed. Also reading the comments there are few people saying they do count towards as settlers. But I'll give the mod ago to see for myself.

There's a trade option when you speak to them and you can equip/unequip anything you want.

I have used this mod in the past: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/34144?tab=files it is a bit fiddly and requires a little bit of patience. It has a gun pose option, LMCC options and a bit of a learning curve for the poses. They can be LooksMenu customized and clothing/armour/weapon equipped as well. They even have a basic idle animation, so they don't look like static mannequins. The big thing is to not place too many too close together, as performance can suffer (low FPS and possibly CTD). I have placed groups of 5 with no problems... Hope this helps.