What do you think should be "added" to make Fallout 3 better

maYuYang

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New enemies! I love getting swarmed by Deathclaws, but it gets old and easy to counter after a while. I want something that'll really make me say "Oh S**t! Oh S**t! Oh S**t!" as it's pursuing me.

I can't really think of any better example of this then Tyranids from Warhammer 40,000 (On a side note, the lack of any Genestealers in DoW II made me a very sad Panda)

Tyranids are great if you're looking for infulences to base new, scary enemies off of. They've been used as inspiration for enemies in many video games.

Inspiration for enemies obviously requires images, so here's a few

Lots of angry, pissed off 'Stealers

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/5011519...5d954a1.jpg?v=0

A Tyranid Hormagaunt

http://hem.spray.se/kendoka/arachnoids/ima...rmagaunt200.jpg

And, just for kicks, your average scary 90ft tall Hive Tyrant (5th Edition)

http://store.miniwargaming.com/images/P/newimage.asp-315.gif

Though I prefer the 2nd Edition Hive Tyrants

http://www.omegahobbies.com/images/556_Hive_Tyrant.jpg

Models, Textures and Animations for new enemies would be pretty time consuming, but maybe if it could get a team interest it might be possible.

Well one wish comes to mind top of the other is that the pip-boy screen should pop-out faster. I hate to wait like 2 seconds to it to come at screen. Like it should come faster or instantly without that slow animation. That waiting really breaks the immersion of the game.

It would make game more better to play expecially if using some eat-drink mods what reguires to visit inventory all the time to take snacks or drinks and ofcourse those stimpacks.

• 2 months later...

Ok, maybe a lil idea (very lil one that i'd do myself but geck just doesn't let me -_-)

just like the idea of the animals that there were so little of them (species) instead of adding more species just ad more wandering animals (increased spawn of them or so...) and maybe add something to the different settlements in the game that it isn't like they lived on snacks wich are irridiated and 2 hundred years old wich is kinda ridiculous...

there has to be someone in the wasteland who knows about farming, domesticating some animals to hunt with or there must be somewhere a book where the techniques of farming are explained, som my proposal is, add a little moddest farm (animals/vegetables => use the ones from rivet city just a lil more..well affected by the wasteland and with some radiation)

or make some (already in the game) hunters wich work for settlements or live in settlements... (eg. there's still place in megaton,for instance between moriarty's bar and billy creels house, to maybe add a little cabine wich is used by 2-3 hunters who sell meat and go out hunting =>just go out of megaton or something and are telleported to a safe location and a couple of days later they're back with a refilled stock..this would take a lot of scripting tho...)

and maybe to keep it realistic, add a farm to oasis (the only place that holds still a bit of nature..wich contains a lil bit less irridiated water and there's already some trees and plants growing there so why not eatable plants?)

also just a few brahmin pens or something could be added...

ok i shall quit rambling on about this xD

also it seems that the link to open worlds-megaton is broken...

anywayz love the ideas that are between all these mods :D

EDIT : roaming dogs/ caged radroaches in settlements or in houses in settlements (as pets) that are of the same faction (attack them => town attacks you for being a cruel doggy hater! :O) and just wander around there? maybe even a radroach wich is selled to you by moira orso? or a molerat who just chills in your house.. script to feed it or it dies?

how about the power to control time?? huh? just like the prince of persia! its like if you fall off you can rescue you're self by using time travel! or slow time and see things in slow motion! or speed up time! that means faster deathclaws and faster bullets! bad azz! i know thats impossible to make, but an idea

New civil robots like protectorons and brainbots

Partly active Vaults where the actual vaults are closed but which have free trade zones where a few Vault NCPs interact with other NCPs and player characters

Vehicles like floating or walking robots

Friendly monsters that one can trade with in a limited fashion or make temporary allies with against other threats

Groups of Anti-Raider Vigilanties

Sheriffs in Rivet City, Big Town and other, new settlements along with deputies and dogs (including the Megaton Sheriff)

Marshals to supplement Sheriffs

A chance to retake abandoned vaults to make them safe and fix them up as the basis of new settlements

Limited working television sets and television broadcasting

Greening of some areas, dull greening of others

Limited raining

hello all

there was a mod on nexus with that I could reach level above 20 (level cap 30 or 40 or something like thet), but I can't find now :unsure:

where is it? pls help

I'd like to use it, but I don't want install Broken Steel

(sorry, didn't find better topic for my question)

• 2 months later...

A real crafting system. If prisoners in a federal prison can make a semi-automatic pistol out of random scrap using no tools, then why the hell can't a well educated free agent with effectively unlimited resources make anything more than a glorified air rifle? I know that there have been several mods produced to allow the crafting of melee weapons from scrap, but to the best of my knowledge there is no mod to provide for the production of custom firearms.

My idea is to let the player disassemble the various guns in the game into their components, then recombine them into custom weapons, maybe incorporating some of the scrap that can be found in the wasteland. For example, combine the barrel and receiver of a sniper rifle with the action and body of the assault rifle to make a .308 caliber battle rifle. Take the stock off a hunting rifle and put it on the Blackhawk to improve accuracy and fire rate.

Another idea I had was to make a sort of sniper rifle for those of us who prefer big buns. Turn a tin can, 3 grenades, a .44 round, and a railway spike into a 75mm sabot round, and fire it out of a rocket launcher type scoped tube.

To do this right would be a huge project, but I think it would greatly enhance the game.