Something I've always wondered

WaRi0

- Edit - Search and me are also not on the friendliest of terms. I've even found that when searching for a mod that I have the exact name for (spelling, capitalization ... the whole nine yards) it won't come up using search because the mod name isn't used in the mod description field (easily avoided if there was an option to search by the mod name field, but this was long ago on the old web site mod page layout ... could be fixed now for all I know).

For what it's worth, the top search bar input searches mainly by title now, don't know if then by anything else also. But if you refine your search through the dropdown "Refine results", you can search in whatever, title, description, author, uploader.

I had a fine test case with a newly published mod, where the author made a typo in the title only. Searching by the wrong term in the top bar yields the expected mod, also in the quick search dropdown. Searching by the correct term does not. But searching for the right term in the description through refine results yields the expected mod again.

Re: constantly using search - perhaps he uses it a lot because *he* can't find anything either... :whistling:

I'd say it is more likely that if he could not find anything, we would see a new search system implemented in no time. :wink:

Bullseye!!

@Drake ... ya I'm pretty sure it was back on the old Oblivion Nexus site layout where the only advanced search option was "mod description contains". I usually did my searches by author back then if I wanted any chance of finding what I was looking for (and then again thinking back ... was it the author field or the uploader field that gave good results??).

- Edit - @Zixi ... does this mean it's going to be a bit more crowded when I'm looking over people's shoulders? Would you prefer to look over the left shoulder or right shoulder? I'm good with either, so you pick.

Edited by Striker879

Re: constantly using search - perhaps he uses it a lot because *he* can't find anything either... :whistling:

I'd say it is more likely that if he could not find anything, we would see a new search system implemented in no time. :wink:

rofl!

@Striker879 - no! I can see that something like that would make me design half a dozen user studies before breakfast!