New Site: Fallen Enchantress Nexus Launched

Dark0ne

I am happy to announce the release of a new Nexus site in to our modding network. Fallen Enchantress Nexus is now open with a number of community made modifications already available.

For those of you who don’t know (and I shamefully didn’t know until quite recently!), Fallen Enchantress is developed by Stardock of Galactic Civilizations and Sins of a Solar Empire fame. It’s a turn-based fantasy strategy RPG. Imagine Civilization strategy meets Heroes of Might and Magic levelling and combat and you’ll have a good idea of what this game is like. Frankly, Civilization and Heroes of Might and Magic are two of my favourite games and it’s likely I’ve sunk more time in to them than any of the Elder Scrolls or Fallout games, so when a Nexus member emailed me at the start of the week wondering if a Nexus site might be possible for Fallen Enchantress I was quite disappointed I’d never heard of it before. Having now played it for coming on 10 hours over the past few days I can safely say I really enjoy it, so I jumped on the official forums and got in contact with Stardock honcho “Frogboy” about the possibility of creating a Nexus site for the game. The idea was received well, so now we’re here.

Stardock are one of those developers who have always supported their modding communities well. Fallen Enchantress is no different and it has multiple different tools packaged in to the game itself for you to use and share with others. On top of that they have an established and experienced community of modders for their games which makes Fallen Enchantress and the Nexus a perfect fit. If you’re like me and have never heard of Fallen Enchantress then you can find out more information from the official site. The game retails for $39.99 (£24.99), so it’s not a bank buster either, and it retails on multiple sites including Steam.

I want to thank all the mod authors who have already uploaded their mods to Fallen Enchantress Nexus and I’m hoping we can work together to make the modding scene for Fallen Enchantress as big as possible.

I knew and played Elemental : War of Magic and thought it to be a nice Game but at Release that Game had its Problems. It was buggy and ran with a low Performance and many Crashes (nothing new for Skyrim Players^^)

But they patched it a lot in a very short Time and turned it in a pretty nice Game.

A few Days ago I received an Email from Stardock and they announced that they give away Fallen Enchantress for free to all People who had bought Elemental : War of Magic before. I received a Link for free Download.

I think this Company is very fair and that is very seldom in our Time.

Fallen Enchantress is very similar to Elemental : War of Magic - it is like a new Polished Version of that Game. Who has never played it should really check it out as it is very unique in its Style. You can edit nearly all of your Units and with Mods it is surely more cool :)

Interesting. I never heard of the game either. Sounds like a cool, old school type of game (which could be a bit scary, considering how many untold aeons I sunk into Civ2/HoMM3 back in the late 90's...). I may get it for X-mas. Also, nice to see the Nexus family continues to grow. Edited by No_Aardvarks_Allowed

I think this Company is very fair and that is very seldom in our Time.

Agreed. Stardock are quite unique, not least because they're not just game developers but software developers as well. That a software developer, not a company specific to game development, can be more in-touch with the gaming community is very interesting.

does this mean we can have a civilization nexus. i think alot ppl would rather have a civilization nexus than have to rely on steam.

Isn't that what Civ Fanatics is for?

@Dark0ne yes i suppose that is what civfantics is for and I am a member there. perhaps its just me then but always say civfantics more as a forum first mod place 2nd. then again the people that are on civfanatics have been around for a long time so I guess my idea is pretty narrow minded and poorly thought out.

Oh I love HOMM (II, III & V). Never heard of Fallen Enchantress though. It's moddable? Damn. The good thing about HOMM is that I don't have to mod it. (Aside from downloading new maps.) >.<

Anyways, will check FallenEnchantress out and probably waste the rest of the evening playing HOMMV. Thanks a lot ;P