Do I need permission to create of Steam Guide about "Why Vortex" as I would be copy and pasting much of that info?

Vlad254

Like the title says. I help many people in the Steam Forums with their modding issues when I can. However, I feel many who are confused would be better informed if they could read some basic facts about Vortex. So although this would be a short guide, much of it would be me copy and pasting from the info provided once you download Vortex. I would also be using the words "according to the Vortex Team", or "according to Vortex" followed by the copied information from Vortex.

Tannin drops in on any topic that interests him. Check the pinned topics at the top of this or the support forum.

If you PM any of the mods, they should be able to get you to the right place.

BigBizKit is particularly active.

Edited by rmm200

Tannin drops in on any topic that interests him. Check the pinned topics at the top of this or the support forum.

If you PM any of the mods, they should be able to get you to the right place.

BigBizKit is particularly active.

Thnx again

Hi Vlad,

It's great that you want to share this knowledge with people on Steam :)

While I won't stop you from copying from our documentation, I would strongly advise linking back to the source page. This can become problematic if we update the documentation and your guide falls out of date. At some point in the future Vortex may have a UI refresh and that would involve a significant rewrite of our docs.

I suppose a good middle ground would be to use the quotes and include a link to where it came from?

Hi Vlad,

It's great that you want to share this knowledge with people on Steam :smile:

While I won't stop you from copying from our documentation, I would strongly advise linking back to the source page. This can become problematic if we update the documentation and your guide falls out of date. At some point in the future Vortex may have a UI refresh and that would involve a significant rewrite of our docs.

I suppose a good middle ground would be to use the quotes and include a link to where it came from?

Thanks for the quick response Pickysaurus, I will link back to the source page. Where can I find the proper link? I currently have the quotations in place and have mentions throughout as to where info came from; example "taken directly from Vortex archives" or "taken directly from Vortex mod manager", something to that effect.

would I use the Github link https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/releases/?

ok, so far I have these 2 links

ok, I published it so that it could be viewed. Consider this a rough draft therefore wide open to suggestions: